We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self-motivated Food & Beverage professionals who want to move their careers forward. As a Captain you are responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Perform all necessary tasks to service food & beverage according to the standard of performance manual of the hotel
• Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menu of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice to guests
• Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints and queries satisfactorily
• Ensure the Outlet is set-up for service and supervise for a smooth operation
• Direct and supervise the service team to ensure that all duties are performed as per standards
• Ensure that all colleagues have received adequate training to perform their duties
• Ensure proper organization, planning and control of supplies and maintain concise record of all beverage stock in order to ensure that the required is available
• Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage
• Actively use up selling techniques by exceeding guest expectations and to increase revenue
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma / degree in the hospitality field with a maximum of two years experiences in a similar role. You should possess a good knowledge in both written and spoken English and a wide familiarity with Micros would be desirable. Previous experiences in minor leadership and supervisory roles are a definite plus.
Posting Date May 08, 2018
Job Number 18000359
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Marriott Hotel Al Forsan, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Communicate service needs to chefs and stewards throughout functions. Total charges for group functions, and prepare and present checks to group contacts for payment. Ensure banquet rooms, restaurants, and coffee breaks are ready for service. Ensure proper centerpieces are displayed on every table. Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day. Ensure staff is working together as a team. Inspect grooming and attire of the staff and rectify any deficiencies. Resolve any problems and document pertinent information in appropriate department logbook.