Posting Date May 24, 2018
Job Number 18001HB5
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Assists with supervising and coordinating activities of employees delivering spa services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction. Assists with achieving the operating budget.
Assisting in Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
· Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
• Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
• Spa Service – Knowledge of salon and spa products and services (including hair, makeup, nail, massage, skincare, and body treatments).
• Spa/Salon Services and Equipment – Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools and procedures for skincare, hair care, manicure and pedicure, massage, and disinfection.
• Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
• Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
• Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
• Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Spa / Recreation operations, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
• Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Number Facility – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking – The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Originality – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.