Airport Baggage Coordinator
Dubai, DU, United Arab Emirates
Airport Baggage Coordinator conducts intensive secondary tracing investigation in order to locate short shipped baggage in the shortest possible time and minimise customer inconvenience. Once located the BTA verifies the identity of baggage & passenger and arranges repatriation with the customer.
1. Retrieve all open AHL’s from day 6 from the world tracer system and conduct secondary tracing.
2. Ensure all left behind bags forwarded on the first available flight.
3. Request complete documents and baggage details from Passengers to conduct intensive tracing i.e. (Contents/copies of tags/ticket receipts/PIR copy).
4. Retrieve loading details from outstation.
5. Investigate all possible matches found.
6. Request all identified on hand matches & follow up till bag arrives.
7. Update daily database.
8. Check AHL/OHD quality and raise discrepancy for any inconsistency noticed in creation of the file.
9. Keep the Passenger informed to ensure proper handling.
10. Forward the file with complete documents for final settlement if baggage considered lost and not located for 21 days.
11. Monitor and ensure all records/databases are updated accurately.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
3+ years’ experience in baggage tracing.
3+ years customer services experience
Knowledge / Skills
Excellent understanding of World Tracer System
Fluent in English ( Written & Spoken )
Knowledge of Excel, Word and Power point