Job Number 18001VJC
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, Dubai
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
As a supervisor of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be responsible for maintaining standards & full preparation & service of all mep of your own section and other sections whilst being able to supervise all junior members of the culinary brigade.
– Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
– Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
– Assess quality control and adhere to service standards
– Support the control of food cost
– Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service
– Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim
– Seek own solutions to obstacles that occur from time to time
– Has previous experience in 4 or 5 star hotel kitchen
– Has knowledge about compliance
– Aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
– Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
– Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
– Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
– Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers.