Job Number 19092382
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Yas Hotel Abu Dhabi| PO Box 131808 Yas Island| Abu Dhabi| United
Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Lead the welcome office team on a daily basis. Front office areas include
Bell/Door Staff| Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs
and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an
efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee
satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to
create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations|
recognizes performance| and produces desired results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office
or Assistant Front Office Manager.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product| service
levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to
reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control
• Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all
policies| standards and procedures.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the
department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired