Job Number 190005PW
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre| Airport Road|
Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the
daily objectives in the kitchen. Assists in leading staff while personally
assisting in all areas of the kitchen| including food production; purchasing
and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and
timing of events and meals.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
Supporting Culinary Team Activities
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| giving feedback
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Monitors employee|s progress towards meeting performance expectations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and
consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
• Supports and assists with new menus| concepts and promotions for the
Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories
according to budget.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.