Job Number 18001XD8
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, UAE
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
To provide our guests an on brand and personalized arrival experience by allocating the rooms based on the preferences and the reason of stay as well as follow and implement Sheraton Grand Brand Standards/Guidelines. Additionally, shift leader will effectively contribute in a high GSS loyalty composite through recognition, friendliness, helpfulness and efficiency and ensure all FO KPIs goals are all in control and achieved.
· Ensure that services provided are in harmony with our Sheraton core values
· Assist the Front Office Manager and the Assistants with the daily Operations.
· Assign the rooms according to the guest requests, preferences and purpose of the stay, using the MAR and the pre arrival email sent by the Club or the Lobby Ambassadors team.
· Organize and coordinate with the AFOM allocation, check in and pre-registration procedure for groups.
· Review with HSK and AFOM the room Out Of Order/ Out Of Service on daily basis.
· Review the room inventory with AFOM and streamline if necessary, handle room type overbooking.
· Ensure accuracy between VIKAS and DTCM system
· Acquire the proper product knowledge needed to perform your job properly.
· Ensure that guest requests/ defects are fulfilled and closed in SG within 15 minutes as average response time.
· Be aware of the hotel Fire and Emergency procedures.
· Should have previous 2-3 years’ experience in front desk
· Should have previous experience in 5 star hotel
· Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in English
· Preferable to able to Write and converse freely in the language spoken in the area
· Preferable to be able to speak in one additional language other than the first two
· Must have opera knowledge
· Thrive on pride of work and its product;
· Play as a team to achieve common goals;
· Have a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
· Uphold ethical business practices.