Job Number 19098685
Job Category Development & Feasibility
Location Dubai Area Office| Central Park Towers Level 12| Dubai| United
Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
Reporting to the Regional Vice President and the relevant country development
leaders| the Senior Manager will be responsible for a) supporting the
development efforts of the Middle East development team and b) the development
of Marriott International hotel brands in assigned areas of the Middle East
and c) work closely with the RVP ME on special projects and/or hotel deals in
other ME countries.
The Senior Manager of Development assists the country leaders to close deals|
where applicable| identifies and pursues new business opportunities| and
coordinates a multidisciplinary team involved in the review| approval| and
finalization of contracts for new hotels. Success in the position demands a
driving focus on creation of shareholder value and earnings| as well as a
passion to champion new business opportunities that build brand equity and
help drive customer preference.
Education and Experience
• Three to five years of business experience with two or more years in real
estate development| financial or feasibility experience.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate transactions; handle multiple
projects on short timetables; and| manage staff resources efficiently.
• Mature| professional demeanor| capable of expressing confident| independent
• Established professional network in the hotel and real estate development
field in Middle East.
• Development experience in Middle East preferred.
• University degree in Real Estate| Hotel Administration| Business
Administration or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Fluent English language skills (written and spoken) essential. Arabic
language skills highly desirable.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Work closely with the team to Identify| initiate| and analyze potential
Review and analyze potential hotel conversion and new build opportunities.
Coordinate all aspects of the development process internal to Marriott
International| including site inspections by brand| market management| and
technical services representatives| requesting feasibility studies and pro
forma valuations| and presenting the opportunity for approval by the
appropriate Marriott committees.
Assist with| or where appropriate| lead negotiations of management
agreements| purchase| joint venture| franchise or other agreements with
owner/owner|s representatives. Ensure that agreement terms and conditions are
acceptable to Marriott operating and staff executives.
As needed| assist owners and developers identify and tap sources of
financing for hotel acquisition or construction| including Marriott sponsored
Share leads for other Marriott brand or product opportunities with
appropriate personnel. As requested| participate in the resolution of work out
Performs other duties as appropriate.
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that
support the execution of the strategy.
• Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure
• Represents team in resolving situations.
• Maintains and manages inventory and service operations.
• Informs| updates| and provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and
subordinates by telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person in a timely
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| organized manner.
• Uses problem-solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.