Job Number 19000KE2
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel| Dubai| Dubai| United Arab Emirates VIEW ON
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel| Dubai| United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare| the Sheraton
Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district.
Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking
distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC|
Dubai Mall| or downtown| and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10
kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall| the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms
and suites| as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All
accommodations span at least 36 square meters. Our expansive conference center
boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art
audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club
Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
In conjunction with the Director of Sales| this position is responsible for
maximizing rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined
account base. Proactively uncovering new prospects for the hotel and
maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals. This
position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work
unsupervised using own initiative.
– Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects
and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary
objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each
key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely
– Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Hotel and Marriott properties
worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’
– Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and
that the system is utilized to its full capacity including the mandatory smart
– Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To
understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and
ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
– To attend when required trade and networking events as a representative of
Marriott Hotels| ensuring that the quality image of the organization is
portrayed| and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
– To take personal responsibility for understanding the Sales Plan of the
Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines| to enable empowered decisions in
all rate negotiations.
– To actively support both the Sales Specialists and the Sales coordinator to
assist them to carry out their roles effectively.
– Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all
internal departments as required| ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
– Re-negotiation of SET and LNR agreements within budgetary guidelines of all
corporate accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and
communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments| and
confirmation to client. Ensure property rate sheets are accurate at all times.
– To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of weekly| monthly
and quarterly sales action plans as agreed with the Account Director – Groups
– To arrange and manage familiarization and educational trips in line with
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE| SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Minimum of 3 years of experience in Sales as Senior Sales
Specialist/Assistant Sales Manager in hotel industry is required;
– Must have a valid UAE driving license and a car.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
– Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
– Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
– Possess superior analytical skills;
– Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
– Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
– Enjoy working in a team setting;
– Build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
– Have immaculate personal presentation (e.g. grooming and conversational
– Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and
trends| in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
– Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
Bachelor degree required| additional education in sales and marketing fields
PHYSICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
– This job often requires standing or walking for extended periods of
– This job often requires bending| reaching or lifting;
– This job requires operating computers and computerized equipment.
– This job may require you to work on holidays and/ or weekends;
– This job often requires extended hours beyond a typical work week;
– This job requires you to conform to a conservative| formal grooming| attire
and jewelry policy that will be monitored on a regular basis and may be
addressed as seen fit by your manager;
– Sheraton Grand Hotel has a very strong commitment to safety and requires
that you follow safety procedures closely;
– Our hotel has a no-tolerance policy regarding unlawful discrimination and
harassment| and requires that you follow our anti-discrimination and anti-