Job Number 19001CAJ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott Hotel Downtown| Abu Dhabi| Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed
Street| Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group| catering and
transient sales opportunities. Manages the hotel’s segment sales effort.
Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
Manages daily activities related to group and transient sales objectives.
Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned
over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible
for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each
customer experience. Provides service to our customers in order to grow the
account on behalf of the company.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time/Part Time position based at the Marriott Hotel & Marriott
Executive Apartments Downtown Abu Dhabi.
• At least 2 years of hospitality back ground
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong Communication skills (verbal| listening| writing)
• An effective Team Player in a team based environment
• Effective time management skills.
• Pro-active and reliable
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Strong Presentation skills
Education or Certification
• Excellent level of English is essential
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years’
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years’ experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
Key Performance Areas:
Customer Service – Internal and External
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:
Drives revenue from local accounts for the hotels the Sales Executive
represents by proactively soliciting new business from small business
accounts| sourcing new accounts| identifying new targets| and re-soliciting
past business leads. Partners with account leaders to pull through business
from customer accounts deployed outside the local market. Reports to the
property Director of Sales to align on sales activities to generate business
for stakeholder properties in the market.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Solicits new business from assigned small business accounts| reader boards|
and leads sent through internal referral mechanisms.
• Solicits potential new accounts or business opportunities by leveraging
business intelligence provided by Sales & Marketing Planning and Support or
other third-party data sources in order to generate leads.
• Utilizes internal lead referral tools (e.g.| eProspecting Portal) to solicit
new business opportunities and contacts.
• Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities| including turndowns| lost
opportunities| and actualized business when appropriate.
• Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g.|
solicitations| re-solicitations| account calls| new business calls| face to
face activities| etc.).
• Conducts customer facing sales activities on behalf of the hotels in
partnership with Property Coordinator/Resource as appropriate. (e.g.| lunch
and learns| social hours| company of the month activities| local industry
events| Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities| etc).
• Conducts site inspections for customer accounts when appropriate.
• Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account in
SFAWeb|CI to verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
• Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers
customers to market| field| hotel or national sales office| as required.
• Verifies accurate and timely lead turnover to other Sales Channels.
• Manages outbound lead merchandising along with associated booking fee when
• Presents stakeholder hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
• Understands and utilizes all business processes written in support of the
• Utilizes negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to uncover new
• Uses all information systems (e.g.| SFAWeb|CI| MRDW| MarRFP-SAPP to research
the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for stakeholder
• Understands the overall market (e.g.| competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc.) in order to sell effectively against
• Communicates trends| opportunities| and market changes to appropriate
parties| as needed.
•Leverages all available sales channels| (e.g.| marriott.com| group and
transient intermediaries| field sales| worldwide reservation offices| etc.)|
in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiatives/incentives
to convert cold leads to warm leads.
• Tracks weekly activities and relationship to revenue and room night
• Sets day-today priorities to complete assigned responsibilities
• Adjusts to significant variation in daily workload through independent
• Shifts priorities as directed by supervisor or business needs.Drives revenue
from local accounts for the hotels the Sales Executive represents by
proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts| sourcing new
accounts| identifying new targets| and re-soliciting past business leads.
• Reports to the area sales leaders to align on sales activities to generate
business for stakeholder properties in the market.
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
Building Successful Relationships
• Coordinates with out-of-market account leaders (e.g.| Global Account
Executives| Senior Account Executives| and Account Executives) to coordinate
in-market pull through of business in order to grow account share. (e.g.|
visiting local offices| reviewing solicitation list of opportunities| reader
board research| etc.).
•Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g.| Rotary Clubs| RI
Social Hours| Chamber of Commerce| etc).
• Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinate
follow up efforts.
• Coordinates with Area Sales Leader to understand needs and priorities of
stakeholder hotels to identify focus areas.
• Works collaboratively with the Sales Office| Area Sales and Enterprise Sales
teams to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary| and not
• Handles customer care issues and as necessary| refers them to the
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy| driving customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand
across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing
and new accounts (e.g.| General Manager (GM) Reception| Concierge Level
• Partners with account leaders to pull through business from customer
accounts deployed outside the local market.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the leader to meet business needs.
• Carries responsibility for ensuring that all cash and key security
procedures are adhered at all times as per the hotel policy
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited| Continental Office
local policies and procedures and with hotel job aids
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours