Job Number 19073651
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road| Dubai| Sheikh Zayed
Road| Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets
pleasure. Where even when you’re global| you can experience the local.
Designed for the independent traveler seeking balance| there’s Four Points.
Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations| which includes
all culinary| restaurant| beverage and room service operations. Oversees guest
and employee satisfaction| maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding
financial goals. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food
and beverage laws and regulations. Develops and implements business plan for
food and beverage.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages all financial| employee engagement and guest
satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
• Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Oversees all culinary| restaurant| beverage and room service operations.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation|
empowerment| teamwork| continuous improvement and a passion for providing
• Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactively to employee|s concerns.
• Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Provides the leadership| vision and direction to bring together and
prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and
• Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that
appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Responds quickly and proactively to guest|s concerns.
• Understands the brand|s service culture.
• Ensures that all employees| team leaders and managers understand the brand|s
• Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has
been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
• Ensures all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest|s
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches| mentors| or
otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| develops formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaches or instructs others.
• Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based
on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through
logs| department meetings and property meetings.