Job Number 20011463
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah| Al Hamra Beach| Vienna Street
Al Hamra Village Ras Al Khaimah| Ras al Khaimah| United Arab Emirates| United
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Functions as the strategic business leader of property operations and acts as
General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front
Office| Retail/Gift Shops| Recreation/Fitness Center| Housekeeping|
Security/Loss Prevention| Engineering/Maintenance| Food and Beverage/Culinary
and Event Management| where applicable. Position works with direct reports
(Executive Committee members and department heads) to develop and implement
the operations strategy and ensuring implementation of the brand service
strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures operations meet the
brand’s target customer needs| ensuring employee satisfaction and focuses on
growing revenues as well as maximizing financial performance. As a member of
the Executive Committee| develops and implements property-wide strategies that
deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of
the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 8 years’ experience in the
management operations| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management
operations| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Profitability and Departmental Budgets
• Keeps operations team focused on the critical components of operations to
drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Ensures that all operational areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to
the overall guest experience.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Operations is
performing against budget.
• Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities
outlined in the service strategy.
• Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establishing
ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
• Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or employee
• Identifies and analyzes operational challenges and facilitates the
development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate|
wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual
wages| coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holds team
accountable for results.
• Develops an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business
strategy and leads its execution.
• Makes and executes key decisions to keep property moving forward towards
achievement of goals.
Managing Property Operations
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding operational goals to
produce desired results on a continuous basis.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and
communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Ensures core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the
• Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to
understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
Leading Property Operations Teams
• Establishes a vision for product and service delivery on property.
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and
ensuring alignment amongst the property leadership team.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to
individuals and/or managers.
• Hires operations management team members who demonstrate strong functional
expertise| creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business
needs of the operation.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results
to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Stays knowledgeable of leadership talent in the property.
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service| participating in
daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all
interactions with guests and employees.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._