Job Number 19000HCD
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Aloft Palm Jumeirah| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Aloft Hotels we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open
spaces| open thinking| and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style
is necessary| social scenes are vibrant| and where the only direction is
forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social| with an eclectic
style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need| so we
provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We’re looking for
innovative self-expressers who aren’t afraid to draw outside the lines. If you
are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes|
then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations| including maintaining the
building| grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety|
security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget| capital
expenditure projects| preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the
emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering
and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Manages the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration| HVAC|
plumbing| water treatment and electrical systems.
• Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Manages and controls heat| light and power and recommends current best
methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
• Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and
administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors
timeliness and quality of completion.
• Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds| guestrooms| public space|
restaurants| property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection
and overseeing execution of plan.
• Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction
• Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely
completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city
building/zoning department| fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures| equipment
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are
maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment| sprinkler
systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is
taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.