Job Number 19102323
Job Category Human Resources
Location The St. Regis Abu Dhabi| Nation Tower| Abu Dhabi| United Arab
Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Opened on the 15th of August 2013 and with an unparalleled address at the
heart of the spectacular Abu Dhabi Corniche| The St. Regis Abu Dhabi provides
easy access to everything that this incredible city has to offer. In the heart
of the business and cultural districts the hotel is a short distance from the
magnificent Abu Dhabi Mosque| the city|s many shopping malls| golf courses|
museums and major attractions| including the incredible Formula One Grand Prix
circuit and Ferrari World on Yas Island. The hotel comprises 283 fabulously
appointed guest rooms including 55 suites| most of which have incredible views
of both the Arabian Gulf and the city of Abu Dhabi| the one of a kind Bridge
suite between the two Nation Towers is quite simply breathtaking. Each room
and suite are serviced by the celebrated St Regis Butlers who will provide
ever-present yet unobtrusive attention to detail| while attending to each
request with discreet precision.
Among the hotels vast array of amenities are outstanding food and beverage
venues including our signature day to night restaurant| Terrace on The
Corniche| with the finest flavors from the region and our warm Villa Toscana|
true tastes of central Italy. The Nation Riviera Beach Club attached to the
hotel and accessible via a tunnel under the Corniche offers guests a
magnificent stretch of private beach and outstanding leisure facilities.
The Learning & Development Manager identifies training needs and develops cost
effective training initiatives to achieve the hotel|s goals| in line with the
related Guest Engagement Metrics. They will oversee all Development activities
relating to necessary Compliance Trainings| promotion and support of all
online trainings| leading of city wide initiatives and Talent Development
Programs and support to operations in terms of service offerings. Responsible
to ensure Training Budget is prepared| executed and maintained. Furthermore
the Learning and Development Manager will ensure that all St. Regis Hosts are
set for success and the position also plays a leading role in promoting the
desired work culture around our St. Regis Service Brand Evolution| House
Commitments and Promise Statement.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major;
2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area;
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; certified
trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Administering Employee Training Programs
• Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest
• Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good
understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction
• Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
• Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
• Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
• Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate
effective technical and leadership skills.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
• Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
• Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and
general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s
mission and vision.
• Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement
appropriate training to improve performance.
• Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as
• Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Develops specific training to improve service performance.
• Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing Training Budgets
• Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
• Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted