Job Number 18003JLE
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed
luxury. Home to the worlds tallest building| the largest shopping mall| the
iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai| it is a
place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the
Marriott portfolio| synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the regions
most compelling destinations| offering service and facilities that have been
carefully crafted around the expectations of the worlds most discerning
Comprising two iconic towers| the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated
above Dubais Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road| the heart of one of the most
desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation| outstanding event and
business facilities| a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the
haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage
of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a
destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Responsible for the hotels daily laundry and dry cleaning operation and
services. Managing and supervising the contracted laundry/dry cleaning
services of associate uniforms| room linen and terry| F&B and Spa linen and
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
Number of Direct Reports – 0
Titles of Direct Reports N/A
Having an experience in similar position for at least 24 months with a great Interpersonal skills and good level of knowledge of the Laundry Department.
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills in English (verbal| listening| writing)
An effective Team Player in a team based environment
Effective time management skills
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Able to do shift work
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
_The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:_
1. Managing the day-to-day operations of the plant laundry and uniforms|
ensuring the quality standards and meeting the expectations of our guests and
2. Manage and supervise the contracted laundry and dry cleaning services of
Associates uniforms| rooms linen and terry| F&B linen| and Spa linen and terry
with outsource laundry company Linencraft.
3. Managing and supervising laundry and uniforms associates| and
understanding their positions.
4. Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair| spot
treatment| rewash| or discard.
5. Inspect linens and terry for damage and remove from circulation as
6. Communicating the importance of safety procedures| ensuring employee
understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes and procedures related to
7. Comprehends budget| operating statements| and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of the department.
8. Brings Associates issues to the Director of Services/Executive Housekeeper
and Human Resources as necessary.
9. Manage and supervise Plant Laundry shift operations and ensures compliance
with all policies| standards| and procedures.
10. To carry out Brand Standard checks within the department.
11. Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring associates have
supplies| equipment| tools| and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
12. Works effectively with Engineering Department on the laundry and uniform
room equipment maintenance need.
13. Participate in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce the desired
14. To provide assistance| support and training to all levels of the Laundry
and Uniforms team taking corrective measures should the standard of work
deviate from the hotel standards.
15. To conduct with all team members 1 on1 meetings and staff appraisals.
16. To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by
taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and
17. To assist in the stock taking of all linen and equipment etc at regular
intervals| preparing the results highlighting any shortages or surpluses and
undertaking remedial action where appropriate
18. To assist in monitoring departmental costs whilst using resource
effectively and economically to ensure expenses are kept to a minimum.
19. To assist the office coordinator to ensure cost effective staffing levels
and usage of supplies| and to be fully conversant with relevant accounting
procedures and records keeping
20. To assist organize and supervise deep-cleaning and special cleaning
Curtains| Carpets of all areas under jurisdiction as required| to maintain the
highest of standard.
21. To assist in the selection of equipment| products and services as
22. To assist and advise on the installation or changing departmental systems
or procedures and to ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be
confident in their implementation.
23. To assist with the recruitment and section of department employees.
24. To assist in the preparation of weekly Rota and wages (Forecast| actual)
25. To ensure all requests from guests are carried out.
26. To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct
usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical.
27. To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the
guests satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to
Executive Housekeeper/ Director of Services for his attention.
28. To ensure that all Laundry Associates hand over all lost property as soon
as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard.
29. Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to
you and your department on request from your Director of Services and
30. Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest
questions in a quick| polite and helpful manner.
31. Follows all procedures set up for the protection of the environment
within the hotel and grounds.
32. Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
members; ensures Associates recognition is taking place on all shifts.
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents| or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean| safe| and secure environment.
Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
Follow company| hotel and department policies and procedures.
Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Ensure uniform| nametags| and personal appearance are clean| hygienic| professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Protect company tools| equipment| machines| or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions| concerns| and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g.| LEARN| JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues| delight| and build trust.
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Anticipate guests| service needs| including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Address guests| service needs in a professional| positive| and timely manner.
Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay| property services| and area attractions/offerings.
Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile| eye contact| and a friendly verbal greeting| using the guest|s name when possible.
Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings| answering with a smile in one|s voice| using the callers| name| transferring calls to appropriate person/department| requesting permission before placing the caller on hold| taking and relaying messages| and allowing the caller to end the call.
Speak to guests and co-workers using clear| appropriate and professional language.
Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact| respect| diplomacy| and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards| e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Stand| sit| or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g.| small print).
Move| lift| carry| push| pull| and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Visually inspect tools| equipment| or machines (e.g.| to identify defects).