Job Number 20022559
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi| Grand Canal| Al Maqta Area| PO Box
91888| Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for hotel laundry daily operations and services. Position directs
and works with employees to wash| dry and iron linen for both guest rooms and
Food and Beverage/Culinary Department within existing time constraints.
Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Position strives to ensure guest
and employee satisfaction while maximizing the department financial
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the laundry| housekeeping|
or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Department Operations and Budgets
• Managing day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Supervising and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations.
Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Communicating the importance of safety procedures| detailing procedure
codes| ensuring employee understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes
and procedures related to safety.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Ensures consistent workflow to minimize peaks and valleys in production.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
• Supervises daily Laundry shift operations and ensures compliance with all
policies| standards and procedures.
• Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies|
equipment| tools| and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Orders cleaning supplies and uniforms within budget.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall hotel
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on Laundry equipment
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
• Develops| maintains and uses effective back-up plans for breakdowns.
• Evaluates and implements new techniques| supplies and equipment.
Leading Discipline Teams
• Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
• Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensuring employee success and event success recognitions are taking place in
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Recruiting| interviewing| selecting| hiring| and promoting employees in the
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that operational needs and financial
objectives are met.
• Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Manages the employee performance appraisal process.
• Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
members; ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._