Job Number 19074334
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites| Al Sufouh Road| Dubai
Marina| Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
Functions as the strategic business leader of property operations and acts as
General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front
Office| Retail/Gift Shops| Recreation/Fitness Center| Housekeeping|
Security/Loss Prevention| Engineering/Maintenance| Food and Beverage/Culinary
and Event Management| where applicable. Position works with direct reports
(Executive Committee members and department heads) to develop and implement
the operations strategy and ensuring implementation of the brand service
strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensuring operations meet the
brand’s target customer needs| ensuring employee satisfaction| focuses on
growing revenues and maximizes financial performance. As a member of the
Executive Committee| develops and implements property-wide strategies that
deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of
the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 8 years’ experience in the
management operations| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management
operations| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Profitability and Departmental Budgets
• Keeps operations team focused on the critical components of operations to
drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Ensures that all operational areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to
the overall guest experience.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Operations is
performing against budget.
• Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities
outlined in the service strategy.
• Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establishing
ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
• Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or employee
• Identifies and analyzes operational challenges and facilitates the
development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate|
wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual
wages| coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holds team
accountable for results.
• Develops an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business
strategy and leads its execution.
• Makes and executes key decisions to keep property moving forward towards
achievement of goals.
Managing Property Operations
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding operational goals to
produce desired results on a continuous basis.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and
communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Ensures core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the
• Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to
understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
Leading Property Operations Teams
• Establishes a vision for product and service delivery on property.
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and
ensuring alignment amongst the property leadership team.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to
individuals and/or managers.
• Hires operations management team members who demonstrate strong functional
expertise| creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business
needs of the operation.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results
to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Stays knowledgeable of leadership talent in the property.
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service| participating in
daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all
interactions with guests and employees.