Job Number 190001BY
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Al Maha| a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa| Dubai| Dubai|
United Arab Emirates
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and
resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most
enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our
guests| these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their
spirits| enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone
with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide
genuine| personalized| and anticipatory service| then we invite you to join us
on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
A candidate who can speak| read and write in Chinese. Must have a
background in Front Office and F &B specifically in a Hotel Industry.
To provide personalized services and the direct coordinating of all aspects of
the guest’s stay at the resort| through the co-ordination of other operations
units. To act as the primary link between the guests and the operations| being
responsible for ensuring delivery of the Resorts’ services to visitors and
guests. To maintain accurate procedures for guest ‘reception’ and check-in
formalities| and arrange daily activities in line with the resort’s services
– Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile| eye contact| and
a friendly verbal greeting| using the guest|s name when possible.
– To carry out the procedure for guest check-in| reception and check-out
procedures| ensuring accuracy of Guest Reservations| accuracy of the guest|s
room rate| and accuracy of final billing in Opera. Ensure rates match market
codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
Secure valid form of payment.
– Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system
(e.g. OPERA)| verifying guest identity| requesting form of payment| assigning
room| and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and
– To ensure that guests at all times receive the services| access to
facilities and individual requirements Requested by them| while maintaining
the policies| procedures and systems of the Resort. This is to be Done by
maintaining the personal contact with the guest and providing continuity to
the guests. Interaction with the other departments of the resort.
– To arrange and co-ordinate the activities| tours/transfers and special
requests of guests and visitors to The resort| ensuring that they have the
maximum comfort and convenience for the duration of their Visit.
– Ask for and enter loyalty programme information (e.g.| Marriott/ SPG)
during check-in process. Recognize and thank guests for their loyalty if there
are already members. Reconfirm benefits.
-To arrange and co-ordinate the activities| tours/transfers and special requests of guests and visitors to the resort| ensuring that they have the maximum comfort and convenience for the duration of their visit.
– To pass on all the relevant information (including complaints) to the other
departments in the Operation. To ensure that guests receives services in well-
coordinated and timely manner| this Includes additional information which may
be relevant to developing and upgrading service| guest History records|
Management and Sales and Marketing.
– To represent the image of the Resort’s services| its ideals| and its
policies by maintaining a groomed and professional appearance in dealing with
all visitors: and at all times promote a friendly| informal| and polite
relationship between guest and the resort staff.
– To assist and personally ensure that the accommodation| services and
facilities used by guest are at the required resort standards.
– To actively inquire and recommend the services| activities and facilities
of the resort to guests and visitors| ensuring that they are kept informed of
all the full range of options available to them.
– Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone
within 3 rings| answering with a smile in one|s voice| using the callers|
name| transferring calls to appropriate person/department| requesting
permission before placing the caller on hold| taking and relaying messages|
and allowing the caller to end the call.
– Process all check-outs including express check-outs| resolving any late and
disputed charges| settling account| retrieving room key| and requesting
comments on guest|s stay.
– Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and
to report guest concerns.
– Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy –
File guest paperwork or documentation.
– Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
– Take room service orders over the phone| answering any questions regarding
the menu| inputting order into appropriate system| up-selling| following
method of payment policies| reading back the order to confirm its accuracy and
providing expected delivery time.
– Place and log call back for room service order within appropriate time
frame to ensure guest satisfaction. Notify guests and management of delays in
– Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts|
running night audit backup| and roll the date.
Qualifications: High school diploma or higher
Specialized Knowledge: Hotel Property Management System (Opera) and MS Office
Experience: At least 2 years working experience in a position relevant to the
Front Office procedures from 5 hotels and resorts. Experience in working in
remote locations is a strong asset.
Individual Experience: The candidates should have one or more of the following
1. Female candidate
2. Fluency in _English and Chinese_ (read| write and communicate)
3. Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing
and completing tasks. Strives to exceed expectations and goals.