Job Number 19000FKT
Job Category Public Relations & Communications
Location Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort & Spa| Sharjah| United Arab
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Supports the developing and implementing an ongoing media and community
relations. Provides crisis communications assistance to properties. Ensures
information to the public and community is displayed correctly and effectively
with the best opportunities for providing business. Implements an ongoing|
focused media and community relations program.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing| Business
Administration| or related major; 2 years experience in public relations|
communications| or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing| Business
Administration| or related major; no experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Brand and Property Awareness to Drive Revenue
• Works collaboratively with local| regional and national resources to build
awareness and increase exposure for the property and restaurants.
• Solicits new media outlets and travel media individuals.
• Selects the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions
and property needs.
• Uses creative selling abilities to obtain maximum exposure through travel
journalists and media outlets.
• Increases awareness within the travel media community as well as
coordinating events to gain exposures and grow revenue in the restaurant
• Supports the hotel’s social media efforts| if applicable.
• Works with online media outlets to promote the hotel.
• Coordinates offers and information for all publications and inserts with
regard to brand loyalty reward mailings.
• Develops brochure and property collateral materials.
• Participates in all property imaging work (e.g.| signage).
• Ensures consistent brand and property message is communicated in all public
relations and communications efforts.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new travel writers
and local media to ensure future exposure. Activities include calls|
entertainment| FAM trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for sales opportunities and additional revenue.
• Conducts solicitation and maintenance calls to media.
• Identifies and communicates with distribution channels that can sell
distress inventory to drive property occupancy.
• Provides all communications channels with creative and unique tools to
assist in the public relations and communications of the property.
• Assists property in developing promotions for various campaigns.
Coordinating Communication Efforts
• Provides accurate| complete and effective communications to visiting
journalists| publicity or promotions.
• Evaluates new public relations opportunities for the property.
• Develops strategic public relations plan for property| includes group|
leisure and local efforts.
• Assists in managing individual and group media visits.
• Coordinates community service activities in concert with the public image
and needs of the resort.
• Assists in creative print fulfillment; ensures corporate branding standards
and legal compliances are met and incorporated into collateral.
• Supports hotel press releases and other content for print media and
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Conducts site inspections with visiting journalists.
• Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to property|s
• Ensures that property is following all corporate public relations