Job Number 19000AQI
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Dubai| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front of House functions
including Doorman| Bellman| Bell Captain| Concierge Agent| Guest Relations
Agent| Front Desk Agent| Matrix Coordinator| Club Concierge| Club Attendants
and Learning Coaches| in accordance with hotel standards. Directs| implements
and maintains a service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to
respective staff. Responsible for developing and maintaining the
acknowledgment of all guests visiting the location. Ensures all departments
are aware of all guests’ needs and information prior to arrival that will lead
to a unique| memorable and personal stay.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration or related major; 2 years
experience in the guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Front of House Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Keeps front of house team focused on the critical components of operations
to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Handles complaints| settles disputes| and resolves grievances and conflicts|
or otherwise negotiates with others.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to
create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations|
recognizes performance| and produces desired results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Maintains knowledge of room availability and rates and suggestively sells.
• Reviews previous night|s no-shows and ensures appropriate billing.
• Reviews the arrival report for accuracy and completeness. Checks printed
registration cards against information on arrival report; rectifies any
deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Maintains complete knowledge of property features and services| including
hours of operations| hotel restaurant concepts| menu price range| dress code
and ambience| hotel room types| numbers| hotel top repeat guests| rate
programs| packages and scheduled daily events and activities.
Managing Front of House Team
• Supervises all areas of the Front of House.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures staff is knowledgeable about rates| packages and promotions
• Ensures all cashiering procedures comply with accounting policies and
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product| service
levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Monitors the check-in/check-out process| ensuring agreement to hotel
standards; anticipates critical situations and assists to process the guest
• Anticipates sold-out situations and number of rooms overbooked. Locates
alternative accommodations for guests and |walk| guests| following hotel
policies and procedures.
• Works closely with Housekeeping management to ensure accurate status of each
room| readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control
• Supervises daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies|
standards and procedures.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the
department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._