Job Number 19103343
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location La Ville Hotel & Suites CITY WALK| Dubai| Autograph Collection|
Al Multaqa Street| Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates VIEW ON
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Where details play a leading role to deliver uniqueness| where creativity is
the main character to create experiences informed by unique perspectives on
design| craft and hospitality – Autograph Collection is the place for
unconventional hotel experiences. If you want to be part of something Exactly
Like Nothing Else| you are ready to join the La Ville Hotel & Suites City Walk
Dubai Autograph Collection and champion individuality.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping| Recreation/Health
Club and| if applicable| Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure
property guestrooms| public space and employee areas are clean and well
maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective
action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance
• Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with
all housekeeping policies| standards and procedures.
• Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies| cleaning supplies and
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants
and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.