Job Number 19000ACS
Job Category Administrative
Location Dubai Development| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Executive Assistant| Lodging Development Middle East & Africa directly
supports and provides assistance to the Chief Development Officer| Lodging
Development Middle East & Africa (“CDO”). The Executive Assistant should
exercise a high degree of business acumen in making professional judgments and
maintaining confidentiality. The Executive Assistant will provide proficient
clerical and administrative support working with limited supervision and
minimal direction| as well as being an active team player and occasionally
supporting the wider team| as necessary. The Executive Assistant will have
prior experience of working in a high pressured environment and be able to
demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills with particular
attention to detail. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to
prioritise tasks efficiently and in an accurate and timely manner| often under
demanding timescales and at short notice. The Executive Assistant is required
to manage the workload and provide guidance whilst delegating work
effectively. The Executive Assistant reports to the CDO.
The Executive Assistant will also manage and supervise an Administrative
Assistant for the Lodging Development department. The Administrative Assistant
will report to the Executive Assistant.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a fast-paced| multi-task environment|
providing administrative support to Senior Executives.
• Experience working with Lodging Development OASIS project tracking system| a
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent organizational| interpersonal and communications skills
• Sensitive to the dynamics of the regional cultures and experienced in
dealing with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Ability to maintain and treat highly confidential information with absolute
• Very presentable with an approachable yet confident personality;
demonstrates flexibility and has a positive can-do attitude
• Highly adaptable| resilient and able to work under pressure and to tight
deadlines with limited supervision and minimal direction
• Maintains high performance standards: ensuring that all work is effectively
complete| monitors the progress of work against schedules and departmental
requirements| works effectively by using a highly collaborative style
• Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward
and downward through the department; possesses exceptional communications
• Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal|
professional and business growth.
Education or Certification:
• Must be fluent in English – both written and verbal – and experienced at
communicating at all levels
• Excellent working knowledge of MS office Word| Excel| Outlook and PowerPoint
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:
• Acts as a “gate-keeper” for the CDO by managing calendar. This involves
using discretion in identifying critical items| setting up meetings or
conference calls and making changes with minimal involvement.
• Composes all types of correspondence| documents| letters or presentations on
behalf of the CDO to be shared and used by the department or senior level
executives of the company; including the MEA President. Correspondence may
also be directed toward hotel owners or outside organisations.
• Overseeing and managing the travel arrangements and travel itineraries for
the CDO. The travel may involve multiple stops| extended trips and
• Proactively maintain files and department common files and maintain
department trace system (staff review dates| department conference calls| team
• Arranges or performs administrative functions for small to large-scale
meetings or conferences on behalf of operations team.
• Managing the department’s project tracking database OASIS and ensuring it is
up to date| following up with the department’s developers| and producing
quarterly OASIS reports for the CDO.
• Responsible for evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding
logistics and pricing for the room and audio-visual set-up| catering| meeting
agenda and materials| and possibly travel arrangements for the participants.
Incumbent will be responsible for managing all administrative aspects for
meetings and conferences.
• Handles special reporting projects and requests| which could include
presentations| monthly reports| budget schedules| accumulating data /
information from team/department| when needed. This work may include data
entry and/or basic analysis and developing databases or spreadsheets.
• Basic administrative functions such as processing expenses| copying| filing|
distribution of materials and any other duties as assigned.
• Support for other special projects as assigned (i.e. ordering department
gifts| organizing department functions| relocating department| assisting with
new hires and transfers| etc.).
• Answers departmental telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to
all types of requests| both routine and those requiring research and follow
up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops
alternatives to handle requests when many times the problems are not clearly
identified or involve sensitive issues. Routinely responds back directly to
the caller after performing research or follow up.
• Identify areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be
necessary within the department. The incumbent will initiate the project to
develop the new policy or procedure.
• Provides cover to other administrative roles within the department during
• Managing and supervising the Administrative Assistant for the Lodging
Development department and overseeing the overall performance of the
• Informs| updates| and provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and
subordinates by telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person in a timely
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Continent Office
policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours
• Executive Assistant will be expected to respond to urgent requests from the
COO after hours or at weekends.