Job Number 18003IFR
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel| Dubai| 3 Sheikh Zayed Road| Dubai| United
Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel| Dubai| United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare| the Sheraton
Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district.
Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking
distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC|
Dubai Mall| or downtown| and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10
kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall| the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms
and suites| as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All
accommodations span at least 36 square. Our expansive conference center boasts
meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual
technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that
has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views
This position is responsible for maximizing Rooms / F&B / Conference and
Banqueting business from defined Corporate and/or Government accounts;
providing secretarial and administrative support to the Account Director –
Groups & Events and the sales team. On occasions| this position will also
provide support to other departments as requested.
· To maintain the strictest confidentiality on all matters relating to
Marriott and the Property plus all other sales and personnel related matters.
· To provide secretarial and administrative assistance to the Account Director
– Groups & Events and secondly to provide back-up administration to the sales
team. Preparation of correspondence| maintenance of appointments diary for
Account Director – Groups & Events as well as managing the purchase order
application process for the department| travel authorization forms and time
· Set up and maintain an effective filing system for the sales department|
including a daily trace file| to ensure all weekly| monthly and bi-annual
deadlines are met by the Account Director – Groups & Events.
· Once training provided| to take a proactive role in the maintenance and
development of Opera Sales & Catering and ISAC standards within the Sales
· To provide training and support to other members of the sales team in these
applications as required.
· To continually enhance and improve the efficiency and organization of the
department| by design and implementing administrative systems.
· Working with the Sales Team to action and distribute the rate agreement
letters as required.
· Analytical skills required.
· Must be able to perform under stressful situations
· Can manage to meet deadlines
· Hotel Industry experience is a plus
· Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the
· Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy
· Possess a warm and friendly demeanor
· Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external
· Are detail oriented and hands on.