Job Number 19073191
Job Category Event Management
Location Marriott Hotel Al Forsan| Abu Dhabi| Khalifa City-Al Forsan Intl
Sports Resort| Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates VIEW ON
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Manages all event service| banquet and event technology operations and staff
on a daily basis. Core area of responsibility is the event operation team|
including the Senior Banquet Managers| Banquet Managers| Senior Event Service
Managers| Event Service Managers| Event Technology and Operations Managers.
Position ensures the highest level of service throughout the event phase.
Maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling during the event phase and
maximizes profit by effectively managing costs. The position is responsible
for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial
performance of the Event Operations Department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 2 years
experience in the event management| food and beverage| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Works with the management team to develop and implement the business plan
and long term strategies for event operations.
• Establishes and monitors measurable goals for the department.
• Champions all standards| policies and procedures in the Event Operations
• Oversees the execution of event logistics for all events.
• Oversees the administrative processes associated with the event phase of a
function and the associated transitions between all event phases as they
relate to the service delivery team.
• Ensures function space and corresponding heart of the house areas are
cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept
in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Participates in MVP audits and level certification for all technicians.
• Ensures employees maintain required certification.
• Assists with implementation and execution of all event related corporate
initiatives and promotions.
• Ensures department is working within budget and adjusts expenditures
according to revenues.
• Maintains awareness of current trends in event management and integrates
into the operation in a timely manner.
• Reviews effectiveness of event operations annually and makes appropriate
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for
events such as meetings| conferences| and conventions.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Maintains customer satisfaction to insure retention and growth of business
through referrals and repeat events.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Leads execution of activities in Event Operations to support the Event
• Leads event management/operations meetings.
• Coordinates the Event Operations members of Event Delivery teams.
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance to food handling and
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in all areas of
Maintaining Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Communicates effectively with property departments outside of Event
• Maintains a strong working relationship with guests/clients| vendors and
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot
• Attends pre-event meetings to understand group needs| set appropriate
expectations and gather critical information to communicate to Event
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard Operating Procedures and Local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs
and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.