Job Number 19000A4B
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel| Dubai| Dubai| United Arab Emirates VIEW ON
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel| Dubai| United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare| the Sheraton
Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district.
Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking
distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC|
Dubai Mall| or downtown| and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10
kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall| the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms
and suites| as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All
accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet
Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with
natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton
Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and
exciting 31st-floor views.
_The New Concept Overall_
-To create a relaxing roof top pool atmosphere with a Mediterranean beach club flair.
– Driving the three different time periods of the day. Morning| Sunset|
Evening / Night
– Drive additional foot fall and create additional revenues and profits.
– Look and feel will reflect the different times of day.
– Customer profile will change as the day progresses from hotel guests during
morning and afternoon| to hotel guest and outside customers during sunset and
– Products and services will change throughout the day offering pool snacks
during the day and leading into antipasti/tapas and creative Mediterranean
based main courses in the evening.
– Appropriate musical entertainment throughout
As a skilled member of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting all
aspects of kitchen management| team training and development| team planning|
and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be
responsible for maintaining standards & full preparation & service of all mep
of your own section whilst being able to supervise & offer assistance to all
junior members of the culinary brigade.
– Diligence in prevention of food wastage and methods to reduce wastage
– Support the control of food cost
– To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at
– Ensure all production areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness.
– Ensure all food storage areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness
– Ensure all food stock items are kept at levels agreed with Executive Chef.
– Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team
– Strong communication with the Chef de Partie of the section
– Key relationship with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
– Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with other departments
in the Hotel| especially F&B outlets| In Room Dining and Banquet Operations.
– Has previous experience in 4 or 5 star hotel kitchen
– Has knowledge about compliance
– Aware of all Health| Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their
– Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the
– Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
– Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
– Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers