Job Number 19157435
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort| Al Mina Al Seyahi| Dubai| United
Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits
culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and
managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all
kitchen areas to ensure a consistent| high quality product is produced.
Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must
ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Develops| designs| or creates new applications| ideas| relationships|
systems| or products| including artistic contributions.
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Knows and implements brand’s Safety Standards.
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food &
Beverage policies| standards and procedures.
• Maintains purchasing| receiving and food storage standards.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates
production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and
• Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Orders employee uniforms according to budget and ensures uniforms are
properly inventoried and maintained.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational and
financial objectives are met.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Helps employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| developing formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Participates in training the Restaurant and Catering staff on menu items
including ingredients| preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.