Job Number 190009T0
Job Category Event Management
Location Yas Hotel Abu Dhabi| Abu Dhabi| United Arab Emirates
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Directs and motivates catering services team while personally assisting in the
physical set up of the function rooms and executing events based on
requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent|
high quality service. Communicates expected performance and trains staff in
processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities
including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Participating in and Leading Catering Services Teams
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity| manages time well| and is highly visible in
areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence| energy
Supporting the Management of Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees| customers and guests| vendors and
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Supports the development| training| and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee|s needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.