Job Number 19000ALN
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The ADOF provides financial leadership in achieving profit| cash flow| and key
performance goals while further enhancing owner and franchise relationships
for Marriott hotels located in the Gulf| Levant & Pakistan. Partners with the
AVP| the MEA (the “Continent”) team and the Finance Business Partner to help
make optimal business decisions for the Continent Provides a strategic
perspective and uses sound financial skills and business acumen to identify
profitable opportunities| anticipate challenges| and create competitive
breakthrough strategies| while ensuring a controlled financial environment and
protecting and strengthening Marriott|s competitive advantage.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor|s degree in accounting| finance or a related field; successful
completion of intermediate accounting required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a previous Director of Finance or other
Regional / Above property finance role.
• Ability to travel approximately 50 – 75% with a base in Dubai (or other
assigned location in the Continent).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Lead and facilitate the achievement of annual goals and targets to ensure
profitability and revenue growth
• Execute strategies and actions to increase return on invested capital. Lead
and facilitate the management of cash flow| capital and overall expenses to
obtain highest value
• Deliver against balanced scorecard and discipline initiatives to build brand
equity and customer allegiance
• Identify risk exposure and effectively leverages the organization (Continent
team| Business Management| etc.) as appropriate to manage business and
financial risk to create and preserve value
• Manage MI|s presence in the different sovereign jurisdictions. Scope of
responsibility includes JV| entity structure| tax planning and compliance|
Continent business structure| property based financial systems| shared
services| other line of businesses| i.e. cluster sales organizations and
• Assist FBP Finance and Development in development activity in the Area (e.g.
identification of market opportunities and formulation of plans| monitoring/
modifying pro-formas| lending financial strategic support to optimize unit
growth etc.). Work with corporate and Continent team to ensure smooth hotel
opening process; work with the FBP Finance and the property team on the
development of pre-opening and working capital budgets| and other pre-opening
activities relating to finance and accounting.
• Strategic business partner to the AVP & rest of the Continent team. Provide
financial leadership and strategic perspective in developing and monitoring
business plans to achieve profit and growth objectives for the Area; identify
profitable opportunities| manage business risk and help make optimal business
decisions. Support and advise the AVP| FBP and the Continent management team
(GMs| DOFs) on key operating/financial issues; help enhance the team’s
financial and business skills.
• Facilitate the Continent’s business planning processes (LRP| operating and
capital budgets| forecast| risk assessment)| standard reporting processes
(working capital| month end reporting| annual statement of operations| etc.)|
and compliance with local tax| financial| and accounting regulations. Provides
direction| support and ensures compliance on balance sheet
analysis/certification| hotel audits and internal control standards| P&L
reviews| cash flow forecasts| technical accounting| financial systems &
reporting| and financial analysis (pro forma| project analysis| business
• Lead the execution of finance and accounting responsibilities for the Area
across multiple sovereign jurisdictions and in different currencies: budgeting
and forecasting| controls| financial analysis| cash management| balance sheet|
financial reporting & systems| P&L| CAPEX| owner returns| financial risk
Managing Projects and Priorities:
• Functions as a strategic senior technical expert within the department.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Champions leaders’ vision for product and service delivery.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep moving forward toward
achievement of goals.
• Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
• Determines priorities| schedules| plans and necessary resources to promote
completion of any projects on schedule.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop| execute and implement new
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Plans| develops| implements| and evaluates the quality of operations.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders:
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (e.g. DOFs| property
finance teams| GM| AVP| other above property departments| etc.).
• Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to
• Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities both on property and
within the Continent.
• Supports achievement of performance goals| budget goals| team goals| etc.
Providing Technical Support and Consultation:
• Provides technical expertise and technical leadership within own and other
• Provides recommendations to hotel and above property departments to improve
the effectiveness of processes and programs.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems|
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Applies knowledge/judgment to achieve business goals.
• Foresees| identifies and resolves problems.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
• Performs other reasonable duties as required for this position.