Job Number 19000JRS
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Dubai Area Office| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Global Luxury Account Manager (Saudi and Kuwait) will be a luxury
specialist and responsible for developing and maintaining strategic
relationships with key luxury accounts and segments within the respective
geographical region. The Global Luxury Account Manager is expected to meet
established room night and revenue goals as set by the Regional Director|
Luxury Sales while professionally representing Marriott International luxury
portfolio| managing responsibilities that ensure a strong relationship as a
liaison with customers and each property.
Position will be located in the United Arab Emirates
Education and Experience Preferred
Strong preference for candidate with Starwood experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
• Able to demonstrate strong selling skills/experience
• Extensive experience ( 3+ years in Middle East Market sales across all
segments – Leisure| Group and Corporate)
• Experience in training delivery
• Proficient computer skills
• Strong administrative skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to influence at all levels of an organization both at corporate and
in the field while maintaining positive relationships with customers (both
internal and external).
• Solid sales skills with strong and ethical sales principles and processes
• Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision| even under
pressure and as a cohesive team member
• Ability to be a clear thinker| analyze and resolve problems while exercising
• Ability to remain calm and courteous with difficult and demanding situations
• Ability to be able to maintain extensive travel requirements
• Ability to prioritize| organize work assignments and follow-up
• Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel data.
• Ability to enforce the company’s quality procedures
• Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to Marriott’s product
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all GSO policies and
• Ensure that processes meet Marriott’s standards in terms of consistency and
• Ability to manage electronic real time communication channels
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Strong preference for candidate who speaks Arabic.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Manage and lead as necessary| travel opportunities including Road shows|
Tradeshows| Industry events| sales appointments and familiarization trips.
• Proactively research and update GSO| Corporate Office and Hotel colleagues
on industry| market and account trends.
• Represents Marriott’s luxury brands where applicable in vertical market
• Develop and maintain respectful working relationship at all levels of the
organization| while working within the Marriott GSO to ensure results and
goals are achieved.
• Proactively identify opportunities to lead special projects that drive
efficiencies for the broader team.
• Lead and participate in client sales meetings.
• Provide leadership and direction to on property Group Sales Managers to help
them maximize revenue from luxury accounts
• Collaborate effectively with peers| managers| and customers in a global and
culturally diverse environment.
• Ensure Strategic Account Plans focus on improving market share| leveraging
efficiencies| generating revenue
• Increase penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across
all luxury brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Provide informal mentorship to less experienced members of the GSO team.
• Build Relationships with the following
• Internal: Marriott GSO| On-property sales and marketing teams| Global Sales
Offices and administrative support staff.
• External: Customer/Client Base in responsible markets
• Facilitate and lead customer presentations to accounts based upon customer
• Entertain customers as appropriate to establish and/or deepen the customer
relationship to identify additional sales opportunities.
• Develop communications templates/framework that can be leveraged by other
team members to drive effective conversations with existing or prospective
• Proactively facilitate communication with the customer base.
• Communicate with clients to gain full understanding of decision making
process including history| key decision factors| time line| and decision
• Build and maintain good relations with relevant Marriott’s luxury properties
to better understand property-specific needs and identify relevant business
• Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with all members of
Global Sales Organization.
• Promote positive relations and teamwork with all members of the GSO.
• Promote the financial success of Marriott International by ensuring all
bookings and interactions support long-term financial reasoning.
• Maintain complete knowledge of Marriott’s luxury portfolio; develop a
complete and thorough knowledge of basic hotel capabilities related to numbers
of rooms and Unique Selling Points.
• Leverage customer knowledge to proactively anticipate sales opportunities
and solutions on behalf of the customer.
• Anticipate and respond to all customer needs within a timely manner.
• Maintain high level of knowledge of the competition’s product.
• Comply with all Global Sales Offices policies and procedures.
• Field and prioritize all incoming group inquiries and opportunities| analyze
the capabilities of the request and manage distribution of these inquiries to
appropriate hotel (s)
• Proactively facilitate communication with the customer base
• Evaluate leads and offer comparable alternative Marriott luxury locations
• Ensure all assigned accounts are aware of new-openings and up-coming
• Facilitate| present and manage multi-year and multi-hotel opportunities
• Develop library of Standardized Agreements and Addendums. Understand these
agreements to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues when
applicable and in collaboration with GSO Director
• Organize familiarization trips| in conjunction with Agencies| Tourist Boards
• Research and implement creative/effective methods to stimulate business.
• Develop comprehensive understanding of all electronic RFP programs (where
applicable)| while assisting properties in executing these programs
• Manage Group Road shows| Individual and joint sales appointments and
entertainment events within assigned territories.
• Address incoming phone calls| emails and requests in a timely manner.
• Ensure that the Coordinators and GSO team are aware of the Group market| its
opportunities and potential.
• Identify opportunities to mentor/coach peers and new sales managers on a
formal or informal basis.
• Develop and maintain computerized file databases of all customer and account
• Maintain the reporting mechanism to continuously educate property Group
Sales Manages on the updated status of account.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems.
• Any other additional tasks assigned by the GSO director as business needs