We are currently looking for a Senior Architect for our Abu Dhabi office. You will be
· liaising with developers and or planning professionals in relation to 100 + hectare master plan community
· review design/planning submissions from developers and or planning project teams and provide recommendation to the master developer as to the feasibility and compliance to an approved master planned community
· liaising with governmental authorities such as the Department of Urban Planning, Transportation, Environmental, and the like. Prepare written correspondence to Authority Agencies in letter and electronic formats.
· Familiarity with the following: municipal planning regulations, development submittal procedures to governmental authorities; plot registration procedures, land use regulations, and environmental impact studies, and the like.
· Work within a small project team environment. Work independently. closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
· applying for planning permission and advice from governmental authorities building/planning and legal departments
· writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
· Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI’s.
· specifying the requirements for the project
· adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during development planning.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture with a maximum of 15-25 years of architectural experience.
Considerable knowledge of the practices and principals of design. Large development master plans. Highrise commercial and retail development experience required.
Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential. Self-motivated and can work without significant supervision is a requirement
Previous experience communicating with Sr. Management, VIP and VVIP client interaction extremely desirable
Strong writing and verbal skills are necessary
Requires proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, techniques, and concepts.
Proficiency in CAD version 2010 or later and other PC software packages typically associated with architectural design is also required, as well as demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong presentation skills.