Job Number 180033BI
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Dubai Area Office, Dubai
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Data/Analyst Manager based out of the Dubai Area Office will play an integral role in providing product optimization and financial analysis support that enables Continent Procurement Leadership to make business decisions that drive overall company results that lead to increased shareholder value.
She/he will provide analytical support to the eProcurement team, The Hot Shop Platform (Birch Street) and other extended procurement departments, Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on cost savings opportunities; including: evaluation of product alternatives above property, hotel purchases in F & B and non-food categories; providing return on investment on the eProcurement platform; and developing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that monitor Global and Continent Supplier performance.
The Manager will lead and/or support complex projects, participate in setting scope of projects, serve as a primary interface with continent leaders, and contribute to the review of the work of others involved in monitoring hotel purchasing activity.
The Manager will also need to seek out new information sources that will provide relevant information on category trends and supplier landscapes.
As a member of the Marriott International Procurement MEA team, the Data/Analyst Manager contributes a high level of technical expertise to support functional objectives for all MI hotel brands.
This role develops short-term goals for own function in alignment with broader business objectives and provides support and key data to the Continent Procurement Support Team, including:
• Review, validation & signoff of cluster/council savings in line with Marriott Global Procurement SOP
• Weekly/Monthly calls to track progress, identify issues & general guidance to cluster/councils
• Monthly compliance reports for key clusters, including analysis on non-compliant items
• Analysis on ad-hoc high-profile projects to identify implications at hotel, cluster & continent level
• Tracking of savings on a hotel/ownership level
• Manage and evolve tracking documents to provide accurate data for use within & outside the team
The core focus areas for this role are:
1. Product and Program Financial Analysis
2. Analytical support to drive cost savings and product optimization
3. Supplier Performance
• Implement and support Continent strategies set by the Senior Director Procurement by helping to identify and undertake incisive analysis of the market, to highlight industry trends & market dynamics.
• As a Super User of Hot Shop (Birch Street E-Procurement ) – Monitor and interpret Continent Purchasing activities using data sets and reports from the E-Procurement tool (Hot Shop) and in consultation with Global Procurement and other market leaders.
• In the early rollout stages – it is critical that expertise on Excel demonstrates the ability to pull data reports and conduct analytical comparisons etc.
• Develop actionable product switching/alternative recommendations and responses to optimize performance and drive compliance, growth and profitability.
• Gathering and synthesizing current purchasing data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
• Drive compliance to optimize MI’s contracts and brand specifications by providing key data
• Contribute to overall strategic initiatives on rebates/revenue generating performance, previous experience with Budgeting and forecasting is critical to this role.
• Collaborate to ensure contracts are legally validated, compliant, have appropriate vendor service specifications, and protect brand integrity
• Prepare vendor communication, reports, presentations, and detailed spread sheet analysis required to support the Team for the MEA Procurement Team. In addition, extend support to the Protea Team in South Africa.
• Set standards to enable growth opportunities and communicates them effectively
• Provide recommendations on performance improvement; use data to identify issues and generate solutions
• Effectively collaborate with corporate centers of expertise, service offices, and other continents to achieve appropriate level of continental alignment
• Manage small projects and/or change management initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs and drive performance of the Procurement Teams.
CANDIDATE PROFILE – KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in business related discipline required (supply chain management, operations, finance, logistics, or related field). Lodging or Corporate Hospitality planning experience is a plus
• Knowledge of MI operational and financial systems
• Experience maintaining procurement system reporting tools and building and curating reports library
• Ability to track KPIs and prepare monthly procurement performance and status reports Extensive and Strong spreadsheet skills to include complex formulas/macros, word processing, and presentation software skills
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving ability; experience analyzing significant quantities of complex data
• Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed data sets and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
• Decision making ability, solution generation, and management of small projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills to apply in communications with business partners, the field, corporate, and suppliers
• Adaptive to changing business needs and ability to work in a variety of business situations
• Ability to multi-task and deal with complexity and ambiguity
• Can effectively obtain and manage resources to capitalize on business opportunities
• Familiar with BI (Business Intelligence) Tools
• Strong focus on both internal and external customers
• Ability to travel throughout GCC, Africa and Pakistan
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
• College Bachelor degree strongly preferred; equivalent work experience considered
• Advanced Experience with MO tools (Excel, Access)
• Hospitality operations experience
• Understanding of Logistics/ containerization/ Transport/ Warehousing/ custom requirements