Job Number 1800398O
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Reporting to the EAM Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· The Complex Executive Chef will be responsible for enhancing the food product that is presented to the guests.
· Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated.
· Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products.
· Further responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
· Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee, particularly to the EAM – Food & Beverage.
· Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the resort.
· Control the elements that determine profit and loss and be responsible for all major operating expenses.
· Set margins and manage the business against projections.
· Make decisions that relate to profit and loss and responsible for the financial management of the operation.
· Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans.
· Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace.
· Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
· Must have the ability to effectively relate to the internal and external customers.
· Further be able to work with high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
· The successful candidate will be responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department.
· Responsible for between 225 kitchen Associates and 71 Stewarding Associates working in 14 different kitchens (including Managers and
· Responsible for the operation of all kitchen areas in regards to guest satisfaction, employee engagement, shareholder return and Health & Safety.
· Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations.
· Responsible for attaining food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventories and food controls for the entire division. Will work with food stores to ensure proper delivery (and quality) of all food items.
· Assist in the annual planning of the F&B budget as it pertains to the kitchen (food cost, productivities), as well as implementation and regular monitoring of the budget/forecasts.
· Develop menus for all food operations. Ensure all menu items are costed accurately.
· Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for Colleague Engagement and Guest Satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team.
· Ensuring back of house is clean and well maintained-maintain effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens.
· Responsible for the Stewarding department and its operation including all results as it pertains to Health & Safety, Employee engagement and shareholder return.
· Responsible for all recruiting and retention initiatives in the kitchen and stewarding.
· Manage and train large culinary staff to ensure performance standards are met on a consistent basis as per Company guidelines
· Accountable for the financial performance of the food production areas, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control, proper forecasting and best practices maintaining quality and standards
· Enforce HACCP procedures for sanitation and cleanliness in all food production areas
To qualify for this position you need to:
· Have completed a Degree, Diploma or equivalent from an accredited culinary or hospitality school
· Minimum of five years’ experience as Executive Chef in a multi outlets upscale 5 stars hotel or resort.
· The Complex Executive Chef must have thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
· The successful candidate should also have extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
· Ability to analyze, forecast data, and makes judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
· Further requires good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
· Must possess basic computational ability & computer skills.
· Passionate, creative and hands on.
· Fine attention to detail – able to set and achieve high standards
· Great leadership and management skills – able to guide and direct a large team
· Great communicator with outgoing personality, comfortable in front of house and well as skilled in the kitchen.
· Strong technical skills –cost controls, HACCP, labour management, planning, menu development
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as spreadsheets and accounting documents.
· Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with internal and external customers.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.