Job Number 18002IVG
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views
Prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner. Ensure that the bar is set and maintained so that the bar staff has everything it needs to run an effective operation, as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the outlet, running food, and set-up and breakdown of the bar.
– To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all guests at all times
– Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests
– Upselling and identification of additional revenue opportunities
– Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures
– Punctual attendance to each shift
– Maintain positive teamwork spirit at all times
– Prepare mixers, cut fruit, receive requisitions, check par levels, refill mixers, get ice, run food, and collect and dispose of garbage. Keep bar fully stocked with all items necessary for service
– Maintain cleanliness of bar, tables and lounge area. Sweep the floors, polish brass and steel, mop, clean glassware and wipe down mirrors in the outlet. Set-up and breakdown the bar
– Prepare drinks for the customers and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and host guest experience
– Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits. Assist with inventories as necessary. Control costs & perform opening and closing side work duties as assigned.
– Minimum 1-2 year experience in 5 star hotel
– Care in service to avoid accident
– Maintain a clean and tidy work area
– Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
– Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
– Be aware of Health, Safety & Fire regulations and that they too abide by their terms
– Maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times