Job Number 20027595
Job Category Human Resources
Location Lapita| Dubai Parks and Resorts| Autograph Collection| Jebel
Ali| Dubai| United Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel| located in the heart of Dubai Parks and
Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay
close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504
rooms| including 60 suites and 3 villas| Lapita is the perfect relaxation
point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott|s Autograph
Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets| two
outdoor pools and a lazy river| a spa and health club| Luna & Nova Kids &
Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel|s name was
inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and
settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its
inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes| featuring
Polynesian flowers| lagoon-style pools| and themed activities.
Marriott|s Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury
independent partner hotels| each with its own distinct personality|
experience| style and features. Located in major cities and desirable
destinations around the world| Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect
their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an
innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General
Manager| with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the
Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of
the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources
organization| he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist
knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable
for talent acquisition| succession/workforce planning| performance management
and development for property employees| using technology efficiently| and
coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives
in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable
independence| developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with
broader business objectives. Additionally| he/she utilizes a Human Resource
Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR
services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Business
Administration| or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the human resources| management
operations| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and
region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies|
plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads
succession planning activities on property and in the market| as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human
capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance
outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and
provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g.| retention
statistics| critical open positions| employee satisfaction| and training
initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources| as well as market-based
Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating
to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation| benefits|
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation
and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems|
tools| programs| policies| etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity
reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers|
particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’
Human Resources staff members| as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-
related human resource information to appropriately respond to property
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations
questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.