Job Number 19000D1C
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi| Grand Canal| Abu Dhabi| United Arab
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing restaurant sales and
Restaurants Social Media accounts. Actively up-sells each business opportunity
to maximize revenue opportunity through in-house as well as hot zone sales
efforts. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Responsible for
driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each
customer experience. Provides service to customers in order to grow the
business on behalf of Ritz Carlton.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
· Works collaboratively with the Sales & Marketing department to generate
opportunities for new business.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities include in house promotions| sales calls|
entertainment and an active involvement in restaurant opening hours
· Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for restaurants sales opportunities.
· Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
Conducting Daily Sales Activities that Achieve Department Goals
· Drive in-house capture ratio by working closely with the Marketing
Communications department to establish promotions.
· Actively be around in hotel public areas to engage with guests and generate
· Develop| plan and execute all Food & Beverage promotions with the operations
and communications departments for both internal and external communications
· Explores opportunities of hosting social events such as birthday parties|
secretary parties and networking events in order to maximize revenue.
· Works with the Marketing Communication department on restaurant related
promotional activities for the hot zone near the hotel.
· Works closely with Event Management’s client in order to capture more local
restaurants business and utilize previous business as the database to build
· Partner with Sales & Marketing account managers to visit potential accounts
to drive restaurant business.
· Attend social functions in order to meet new business opportunities.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to create additional
· Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize
· Identifies new restaurant business opportunities to achieve personal and
property revenue goals.
· Understands and creates awareness of promotional activities of competition.
· Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions
and property needs.
· Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize restaurant revenue .
· Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service to all Guests and Customers
· Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants| set a good example
of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their visit.
· Services customers in order to grow restaurant business.
· Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to
obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage| service levels and overall
· Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics
of the brand.
· During peak hours helps to execute service delivery in outlets to ensure
excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g.| greeting from
hostess| speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery| fulfillment of
special requests| collection of payment & invitation to return)
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Handles guest problems and complaints.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
· Create and maintain the Restaurants’ Social media pages
· Update accounts constantly with social media content given by F&B Leader
· Answer all social media inquiry and comments left by customers
· Invite and entertain social media influencers to promote the restaurants
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the food & beverage|
sales and marketing| guest services| or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
· Highly motivated and friendly
· Food and Beverage Background
· Social Media proficient
· Professional demeanor – Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence
and command respect from others; making a good first impression and
representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
· Adaptability – Maintaining performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Driving for results – Setting high standards of performance for self and/or
others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating| focusing| and
monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;
proactively taking action and going beyond what is required.
· Building and Contributing to Teams – Leading and participating as a member
of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering
cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Coworker Relationships – Interacting with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
· Customer Relationships – Developing and sustaining relationships based on an
understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott|s Spirit
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
· Technical Acumen – Understanding and utilizing professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-
specific work challenges.
o Sales Duties Facilitation: Ensuring that efforts serve its sales objectives;
maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on
o Supporting Food & Beverage operation: Engaging with customers during the
visits in restaurants; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer
feedback; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
· Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic computer skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g.|
personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
o Mathematical reasoning – The ability to add| subtract| multiply| or divide
quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in
work related documents.
o Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs
of the audience.