Job Number 19000RRO
Job Category Legal
Location Dubai Development| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The basic functions of this position are to provide paralegal support for
legal work related to lodging operations and development for the Middle East
and Africa (MEA). This position reports to the Chief Legal Counsel – Middle
East & Africa| however| will also support the MEA attorneys in Dubai.
Education and Experience:
• College degree/diploma or certificate from a paralegal/legal practice
course| relevant experience in a similar position preferred
• Proficiency in English (both written and oral) at a level that allows one to
review legal and business documents in a timely manner that are written in
English and to be able to fully participate in meetings and conference calls
where colleagues are speaking in English. In addition| proficiency in at least
one other European language is preferred.
• Proficiency in Arabic a plus.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail|
diligence| dependability and high integrity are key factors
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and familiarity with database
functionality and operation
• Ability to work independently and under pressure in handling multiple tasks
• Responsible| team-oriented| detail-oriented| flexible person
• Mature| professional demeanor| capable of expressing confident| independent
judgment| self-motivated| reliable and discreet
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Maintain paper and computer files of approved standard international
management and financing agreements.
• Maintaining intranet website for the Group| including posting and updating
frequently used forms and related documents.
• Undertake special assignments| including research| review| and analysis of
contract documentation and other issues| as requested.
• Maintain database for hotels and up-to-date tracking of the status of
documents Maintain current agreements and related agreements and forms|
alternatives and samples| disclosure documents| and research using the Share
Point site| and ensure that all of the above and processes maintained on the
site are current and accessible. Provide training| assistance and access for
both authorized internal personnel and external resources.
• Generate first drafts of letters of intent and agreements using standard
forms| proofread final transaction documents.
• Coordinate the formation| registration| and utilization of corporate
• Assist Group attorneys in researching and resolving hotel transaction issues
by drafting and maintaining transactions checklists and key contact list.
• Conduct follow up to complete post-closing items| such as finalizing and
obtaining copies of all closing documents| effecting necessary registrations|
• Assist in preparing| negotiating| and amending operational agreements used
in Marriott|s lodging business.
• Review client-generated documents and determine if such documents are in
conformance with Marriott|s standard contractual requirements. Negotiate with
clients and other parties and provide contractual language.
• Assist attorneys on| and organize the documentation related to| acquisitions
or financings of individual hotels or hotel chains and dispositions of certain
hotel properties| including tracking and transfer of files| operational|
construction and real estate agreements and other necessary documents.
• Work on resolution of real estate matters| such as removal of charges.
• Conduct and summarize legal research as requested.
• Draft and respond to legal correspondence and memoranda| including audit
• Provide general team assistance to Group attorneys in the execution of all
aspects of hotel transactions.
• Perform related clerical duties as necessary to fulfill responsibilities.
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies:
• Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that
support the execution of the strategy.
• Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure
• Represents team in resolving situations.
• Maintains and manages inventory and service operations.
Additional Responsibilities :
• Informs| updates| and provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and
subordinates by telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person in a timely
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.