Data Center (ACI) Consulting Engineer
– Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Customers around Cisco’s Data Center products and solutions. Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
– Participates in or leads complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
– Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities. Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer and managing customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
– Support the PM in resolution of project issues. Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
– Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success
Who You’ll Work With
Let’s change the world together. Work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. Be immersed in a small close knit group of cohorts, to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You’ll learn from industry experts. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are
– Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus related experience in IT industry.
– Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization. Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three Tiered application environments. Expert familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API’s, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
– Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is strongly preferred. Networking: OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols. Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
– Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance. Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style).
– Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: ACI, Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches), and UCS. Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Cisco, Citrix or F5 Loadbalancers), Caching and Content Delivery. Strong understanding of SaaS and Application Workloads in context of Data Center Architecture design. Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and Compliance (PCI, SOx, HIPAA).
– OSS / BSS, including: Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
– DC CCIE Preferred.
– Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures.
– Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms. Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
– Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners). High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
– Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
– Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication. Cisco best-practice skills to include building relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training.