Job Number 19000U2R
Job Category Human Resources
Location Courtyard Dubai| Green Community| Dubai| United Arab Emirates
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by
Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and
balanced. Working at Courtyard| you|ll ensure guests have a smooth| productive
stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at
Courtyard by Marriott.
As a member of the property Human Resources support staff| he/she works with
Human Resources employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human
Resource Office including oversight of recruitment| total compensation| and
training and development. Additionally| he/she focuses on delivering HR
services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business
success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws| regulations
and operating procedures. Will be accommodated in the company housing.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Business
Administration| or related major; 1 year experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team
members with the appropriate skills| as needed.
• Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in
accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
• Networks with local organizations (e.g.| Hotel Association and peers) to
source candidates for current or future openings.
• Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
• Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection
• Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are
being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse
• Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
• Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment
claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
• Prepares| audits and distributes unemployment claim activity reports to
• Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
• Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer
Managing Employee Development
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-
going training initiatives and conducts training| when appropriate.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to
generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the
importance of guest service in company culture.
• Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team
in training programs
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation
processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training
to successfully perform their job.
Maintaining Employee Relations
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the
property (e.g.| develops daily communications and assists with regularly
scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency|
and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns
in a timely manner
• Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for
resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property
Director of Human Resources.
• Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations|
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork| proper
performance management and compensation documentation| are properly maintained
and secured for the required length of time.
• Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing| reviewing| and auditing
employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
• Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate| secure and
confidential medical file.
• Facilitates random| reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process
(in properties where applicable).
• Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
• Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g.| property removal| lost and
found items| blood borne pathogens| accident reporting| and hygiene) are
communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation| property
meetings| bulletin boards| etc.
• Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure
claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for
• Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to
identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace
and decrease accident frequency and severity.
• Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and
• Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper
procedures are followed (e.g.| valid reasons for selection/non-selection and
applicants receive status notifications).