Job Number 19000LX9
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Dubai Area Office| Central Park Towers Level 12| Dubai| United
Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager| Meetings + Events provides leadership and oversight of the
departments Event Planning| Banquets/Catering| Event Service and Event
Technology. Position supports the development and implementation of
departmental strategies and implementation of the brand service strategy and
brand initiatives. The position has overall responsibility for executing all
property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to
sales. Supports initiatives to grow event revenues and maximizes the financial
performance of the discipline. In addition| the position supports in the
opening of new properties and during property business reviews and deep dives.
Ability to travel with short notice is required for this position.
Education and Experience
• Graduate/post graduate degree
• Event Planning and Operations experience
• Expertise in planning| executing| and delivering projects on time and on
• Strong prioritization| organization| and analytical skills
• Ability to incorporate new ideas into an existing environment
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization|
verbally and in writing
• Ability to build effective working relationships across a variety of mediums
(email| phone| webinars and in-person)
• Ability to develop and enforce program governance
• Strong analytical skills for planning| estimating| budgeting and monitoring
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
• Strong process management| negotiating| influencing| and problem resolution
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Manage multiple portfolios of implementation projects that have a high-
degree of impact across the business.
• Develop strategic planning| pre- and post-implementation activities
• Leads overall implementation processes communications and project related
communication with properties
• Conducts follow up and escalation on project implementation tasks
• Reviews implementation progress and communicates monthly results though
continent Implementation Scorecard
• Develops and establishes sustainment procedures for continent of Operations
• Align with stakeholders and senior management on project goals and status to
ensure milestone are met.
• Manages program efforts so project components are delivered on time| within
budget| and as expected by the sponsor.
• Accountable for identifying and mitigating project execution risks| managing
escalations| capturing feedback| resolving issues| and facilitating cross-
group discussions to achieve efficient program pilots and launches.
• Partner with the Continent leadership| Brand| and GOS Center for Specialized
Services (CSS) and GOS Professional Services to design an effective pilot.
Manage the process to gather objective property feedback and channel feedback
to relevant stakeholders. Ensure pilot findings and outcomes are incorporated
into the final deliverable.
• Ensure team provides an integrated perspective of all pilot and launch
related activities to accountable leaders to ensure they understand the big
picture impact to the Market.
• Ensure multiple priorities within Brand| Continent| and GO can be
implemented and sustained in the market| and completed within the parameters
of agreed upon project scope.
• Manage processes to ensure a seamless handoff upon implementation
• Drive change management in the Market.
• Leverages standards and tools for Marriott’s program and project management.
Document best practices and maintain detailed procedures to benefit all
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Provides timely| accurate| and detailed status reports as requested.
• Oversees events discipline content management for MGS
• Communicates actively with diverse related disciplines at Corporate
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Support disciplines specific goal setting process for continent and
• Supports monthly continent Events discipline calls and communicates with
advisory council and property teams
• Analysis of monthly ESS performance reviews and property communication.
Facilitates actions to improve overall performance for continent
• Plans and prepares in-market workshops and discipline specific training
• Represents the Events discipline on monthly Events GLT calls
• Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
• Uses computers and computer systems to process data and track performance
(implementation programs and EM| highly skilled in MS Office).
• Supports Director of Events and ADOPS on business reviews for key events
• Supports development of event space design standards for pipeline and pre-
opening properties and parameters for Events OS&E| FF&E and A/V
• Follow-up with properties on Meeting Services App performance and provide
guidelines to improve
• Analyze Meetings Imagined data and follow up with properties to increase
• In-person support for HALO property openings
• Supplier relationship to stay up to date with business trends and for
• Conducts updates for events catalogue content and launch communication to
• Facilitates in-person workshops| webinars and other communication and
training to the field
• Supports hiring of property leadership for Events (purple and blue band
• Facilitates operations discipline content for operations conference
• Co-organizes continent discipline conferences
• Administration tasks within the events discipline in MEA continent office as
• Support of any initiatives and MBOs for the event discipline in MEA
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates self-confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.