The Account Director| ASO – Leisure U.A.E will manage and grow high value and
large potential Share of Wallet leisure accounts for Hilton UAE. The role will
look after these accounts on a local| (national)| basis. They will be
accountable for the performance of selected accounts on a local| national
basis. They will support in delivering the account strategies set by the
hotels in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both
internal and external customers.
Please note the closing date for applications is Monday 22nd of April
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories| Hilton offer
countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile an
an exceptional experience| we offer the millions of travellers who stay with
us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact
global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking
for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it|s with Hilton where we never
forget the reason we|re here: to delight our guests| Team Members| and owners
What will I be doing?
The Account Director| ASO – Leisure U.A.E is accountable for the performance
of their key and strategic accounts. To do this| they need to proactively
manage the relationships with customers as well as internal stakeholders such
as VP|s| GMs| DBD|s| Hotel Managers. The role holder is owner agnostic.
_ _Planning Activities 20%__
• Deliver activities for accounts in remit.
• Identifies and evaluates business opportunities for the region and directs
• Executes strategic account development plans and supports communications of
key messages internally and externally.
• Develops appropriate objectives for managed accounts.
• Establishes relevant procedures and processes.
• Accountable for the performance of manages accounts.
• Total account management focus where applicable.
__Organising Activities 55%__
• Identifies resources| oversees activities and confers with key stakeholders
to ensure objectives and sales function are accomplished.
• Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base
and supports the company|s revenue strategies.
• Develops account plans that specify objectives and sales activities to
support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for
• Establishes and develops long term effective working relationships with key
customers to drive business.
• Ensures relevant updates are sent both to internal and external
• Monitors and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account
• Networking with Global account handlers where relevant.
• Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies.
• Accountable for communicating ADP and activities on a regular basis| along
with relevant issues| opportunities and successes.
• Regular meetings to take place to account base throughout the sales
• Attends relevant industry conferences and events.
_ _Directing Activities 5%__
• Executes organisational directives and encourages achievement of goals
through motivation| communication and leadership.
_ _Controlling Activities (where applicable) 20%__
• Directs and implements proper controls and systems.
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions.
• Works within approved budgets and adjusts activites and expenses to ensure
optimal financial results.
• Develops and maintains Hilton Best Practice to ensure accurate and up-to-
date customer account information is kept.
• To ensure information relating to customer requirements| interests and
marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton
• To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and
communicate future plans.
• Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account
_ _Supportive Functions__
In addition to performance of the essential functions| this position may be
required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions| with
the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the
supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure productive and effective
meetings are established and customer information cross referenced and to
ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer value|
• Attendance at sales workshops in market.
• Support sales weeks and blitzes.
• Support joint calls for colleagues visiting.
• Organise fam trips and support the hotels with client attendance.
• Host webex calls for the key hotels to support with performance.
• Additional task may be required
What are we looking for?
_ _Specific Job Knowledge| Skill and Ability__
The individual must possess the following knowledge| skills and abilities and
be able to perform the essential functions of the job| with or without
• Excellent communication skills: presentations| written and public speaking
• Good understanding of sales process| tools| measurements and systems
• Good knowledge of market segments and pricing strategies
• Understanding of competition and marketing strategies
• Strong in account management
• Strong persuading and influencing skills
• Leads by example to resolve conflicts| introduce change and ensure
collaboration among others
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute
discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify| prioritise and implement actions
required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in
collaboration with others| identify and prevent potential problems and develop
problem solving skills in others
• Budget development and management skills
• Ability to work independently and manage the work of others
• Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change
• Prioritises| organises and uses a systematic approach to get things done
• Ability to think and articulate a vision for business sales and capable of
translating this into practical and tangible actions
• Self-reliant| working with minimal control and direction
• Takes calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate
supervisor and other relevant team members
• Contributes and is effective when team working with peers
• Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate
professional image to customers and external contacts
• Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday
entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team
Member Travel Program| which provides reduced hotel room rates for you| your
family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of
excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like
• University degree or experience in lieu thereof
• Significant work experience in customer facing| revenue generating roles
including management experience
• Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
• Fluency in English
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications
• Advanced degree preferred
• Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales| Marketing| Revenue or
• In-depth knowledge of business sector managed
• International experience advantageous