Job Number 18003EEF
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Marriott Hotel Al Forsan, Abu Dhabi
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Accountable for overall success of the daily pastry operations. Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all pastry areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all pastry food preparation areas.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading the Discipline Teams
• Supervises and manages employees; understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in pastry preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Supervises pastry preparation shift operations.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Represents the property in media events as needed.
• Facilitates pastry classes for customers and the community.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops, designs, or creates new ideas and items for pastry kitchen.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
• Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with pastry.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.