Job Number 19092510
Job Category Event Management
Location W Dubai – The Palm| West Crescent| Palm Jumeirah| Dubai| United
Arab Emirates| United Arab Emirates
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high
quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls
financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the
success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy
to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department| (e.g.| china| glass| silver|
buffet presentations| props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws| as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an
event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet
beverage perpetual inventory.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards| while
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain
business and increase growth.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and
cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the
development and implementation of corrective action to address service
challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.