Job Number 18002YE0
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office| Dubai| United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Regional Internal Controls Auditor is a key member of the Finance Team in
Middle East and Africa| working under the general supervision of the Regional
Manager Internal Controls. The position carries out ISRA and Controls reviews
at the hotels and assess controls and adherence to Company Policies and
Procedures and supply recommendations to aid improvement where necessary. The
role contributes to the formulation and implementation of controls where new
processes are required. The role provides training for hotels associates and
managers to strengthen and enhance the processes and tools to help create
strong internal controls which in turn will minimize risk and safeguard
Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Thorough knowledge of the principles| procedures| and techniques of
accounting| and of financial records and transactions including| but not
limited to| generally accepted accounting principles.
• Strong communications (verbal and written)| organization and presentation
• Strong financial management and analytical skills; ability to identify
trends in financial statements and records.
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations and governances
• Knowledge of Governmental regulations and safety standards
• Systems skills| including MS Office and hotel systems (Opera| PeopleSoft|
• Ability to work independently and take initiative; strong time management
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence
others at all levels
• Effective decision-making skills.
Minimum Job Specifications
• Bachelor|s degree in accounting| finance or a related field; successful
completion of intermediate accounting required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience| including at least one of the following
o 1+ years as previous Assistant Controller
o 2+ years as previous Chief Accountant
o 2+ years’ experience in hotel auditing
• Able to travel minimum 70% with base in KSA
• Fluency in English is essential. Arabic language skill is preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Conducts Property ISRA reviews and submits reports in a timely manner|
ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
• Promotes the documenting of project progress accurately.
• Provides input and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Provides timely| accurate| and detailed status reports as requested.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
enter data and/ or process information.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.