Engineer – Information Security
Enforces configurations granting appropriate access to Thuraya networks, information and systems, and protect the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with Thuraya policies and standards. Provides guidance and support to technical teams.
- Enforces documented security policies and procedures created for the safeguarding of the corporate IT environment.
- Maintains and configures systems and services required by Information Security Department operations, as directed by MNS.
- Assists in the direct training and oversight of technical staff, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established company information security policies and procedures.
- Monitors and carries out activities to create information security awareness within the company.
- Assists in the performance of information security risk assessments
- Assists in the implementation of information security policies and procedures for the company.
- Assists in the review of all system-related security plans throughout the company’s network.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with information security policies and procedures, referring problems to Manager Information Security.
- Assists in monitoring the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Assists in the preparation of the information systems disaster recovery / business continuity plans.
- Responsible for maintaining the health of all security system elements.
- Attend to enquiries based on Thuraya’s policies.
- Responsible for the coordination with the systems’ developers and assisting any fix/testing if required.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline, or possess equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have working knowledge of all aspects of computer systems administration and enterprise architecture.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project and application development teams, management and clients.
- Must have proven project management and leadership skills and experience with a system development life cycle as it applies to information security.
- Must have a working understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- Must have experience developing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Must have superior analytical, teamwork, organization and time management skills