Manager Merchandising and Retail (eCommerce)
Location: United Arab Emirates
This is a key opportunity to take responsibility for leading multiple ecommerce projects or a large program, and is accountable for budget, roadmap planning activities and schedule management which includes merchandising, offer management, improving payment conversion rate by implementing new processes, recommending UX/UI changes on payment pages and/or evaluating new online payment solutions.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and passion to create innovative, customer-centric solutions with the ability to closely collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage medium to large ecommerce, merchandising, digital payments and/or digital transformation projects using best practices and be accountable for deliverables by understanding and balancing the competing demands for project scope, time, cost and benefits
- Develop and maintain the ecommerce projects roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, sales, margins, site performance and operational support while developing consensus around prioritization
- Responsible for the development, implementation and optimization of all payment solutions on web and mobile, with particular emphasis on adding new payment methods and increasing the overall payment conversion rate
- Define, prioritize, allocate resources, track and provide status reporting of work assignments, projects, programs
- Lead enhancement projects of various levels of complexity in a project manager role; to include creation of project schedule and risk management tasks
- Provide ongoing assessment of industry trends and reports with recommendations to Senior management on online merchandising opportunities and payment trends
- Develop project communication plan; ensure project stakeholders and leadership are regularly informed and aware of project status, delays and achievements
- Accountable business owner for all ecommerce projects on adoption of new or enhancement projects on Merchandising, Offer Management and Shopping Cache technologies
- Collaborate with other department including Finance, Technology & Innovation, Global Sales, Commercial and Corporate strategy for successful delivery of systems enhancements and new projects
Qualification & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years in a product management role, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the airline industry or relevant industry (digital/retailing/merchandising experience)
- Experience in ecommerce and web oriented technology products as well as usage of web analytics tools
- Experience as a product leader in an agile product development environment
- Strong communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams
- Strong project management skills while working independently to take full ownership of projects and deliver with confidence and ease
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits. For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com