To lead and manage the facilities and client support functions internationally ensuring that the services provided are of a high quality in terms of effectiveness, efficiency and best value and in the provision of an appropriate and professional service to within agreed service levels.
This is an exciting role within an ever-changing environment. It will be both challenging and rewarding and will allow the opportunity to exercise initiative and to gain and develop a broad variety of different skills. You will develop a culture of continuous improvement and encourage a value added service provision through innovation and best practice.
You will ensure an appropriate and professional service and provide a safe, comfortable and operational working environment for all colleagues, in respect of Health & Safety, Space and Office Planning, Office Services and Welfare Facilities and to protect the value of the businesses property portfolio through Asset Management, Building Maintenance and M&E Maintenance.
• To act as the primary interface between location Management Teams, Customers and all Core Services’ departments for service and project specification, project management and delivery and improvement of service, to ensure business continuity and customer satisfaction.
• Communication with building users, seeking opportunities to develop and promote the Facilities contribution to the overall business success. Ensuring high levels of customer care to both internal customers and external clients & visitors. Identify accurately the needs of internal customers and work to exceed the customers’ expectations by delivering a high quality service. This includes quality of the workspace along with good standards of housekeeping throughout the building and associated areas;
• To ensure that customer’s requests and calls initiated via the Help Desk , are responded to in an effective and professional manner and within agreed service levels.
• Establish and maintain good occupant relationships and communications through personal contact and regular meetings with location Teams, office management and colleagues.
Service Delivery & Contract Management:
• Responsible for the overall management of the office, infrastructure and facilities services. To include the management and control of local suppliers, consultants, contractors, engineering resources and sub-contracted services.
• In conjunction with the Office Executive Partner/s monitor the usage of premises and provide input into the strategic management of premises in the office;
• In conjunction with local office managers, management of outsourced ‘hard and soft’ support contracts for all international offices e.g. catering, vending, security, cleaning, mechanical and electrical services, fire protection, lifts, building repairs and grounds maintenance.
• Co-ordination of all international external suppliers, consultants, contractors, sub-contracted services and internal Core Services’ departments.
• To ensure that all work undertaken, by or on behalf of Core Services, complies with the requirements of the EFQM quality system.
• Co-ordinate contractor performance measurement reviews, and prepare reports as appropriate in accordance with the Performance Measurement System.
• Monitor, maintain and review Service Level agreements and manage the ongoing development and continuous improvement of service provision to minimise business risk and to meet objectives whilst maximising service quality and value for money.
• To forecast and manage the location OPEX and CAPEX budgets, including monthly monitoring and quarterly forecasting, ensuring that correct and efficient budgetary control is exercised over all expenditure and that service delivery is provided within budgetary constraints. Ensure that any non-conformance to the plan is highlighted on a timely basis.
To undertake projects, within field of responsibility, ensuring that they are completed on time and in budget and to the customer’s satisfaction
• To oversee and co-ordinate the activities of internal and external Project Managers and to be responsible to the customer for the delivery of all projects.
• To ensure that all necessary information, as detailed in the ‘Handover Procedure’ document is made available at the handover stage of the project
• Maintain the security of the businesses investments in people, buildings, infrastructure and services, by the proper conduct of maintenance, repair and Health and Safety policies, in keeping with legislation and the Businesses defined requirements.
• To ensure that all information relating to the Firm’s Business Continuity Plan is regularly updated. Participate in Business Continuity and Contingency Planning and assist with incident recovery.
• To ensure the reliable and secure provision of basic services. I.e. electricity, water, gas, fuel, drainage and refuse disposal. To ensure adequate provision is made for the continuation of these services in an emergency or disaster situation.
• Responsible for the management of the post room, reception, switchboard, meeting/video conferencing facilities catering, vending, security and cleaning services across international locations, in order to present an acceptable image to our external customers and visitors and effectively meet the requirements of internal customers.
• To advise and negotiate, with senior managers, on accommodation issues and to plan and execute accommodation moves and changes.
• To monitor accommodation requirements and to make recommendations that will enable an accommodation strategy to be developed for the planned growth of the business.
• To respond to the larger departmental re-organisations by planning, organising and co-ordinating projects in conjunction with internal Core Services’ departments and external contractors to maximise efficiency and minimise disruption.
• To build, decorate and maintain appropriate accommodation, providing suitable furniture and office equipment.
• Complete responsibility for people churn within offices including providing and maintaining the appropriate documentation and plans.
• To maintain fire alarm, fire fighting and emergency lighting systems in operational condition and control the emergency evacuation procedures for the building.
Emergency call out:
• To provide and manage an On-Call facility which will allow for an Out of Hours response to emergency situations?
Health & Safety:
• To ensure that the office complys with statutory regulations, inspections, Codes of Practice, COSHH and relevant Health & Safety legislation and policies, including undertaking Risk Assessments. Responsible for taking all action necessary to minimise the risk to colleagues.
• To ensure that works carried out by Contractors/Suppliers comply with all relevant statutory regulations, Codes of Practice, COSHH, CDM, relevant Health & Safety legislation and DWF policies regarding Health & Safety.
• Responsible for the issue of ‘Permits to work’, where applicable, and for ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are provided by Contractors/Suppliers before any works commence in the office.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Building File, Health & Safety File and Health & Safety documentation are kept fully up to date.
• Responsible for ensuring that the ‘Fire Certificate’ drawings are kept up to date and that any material changes to the fabric of the building or changes to engineering systems/installations that impact on the Fire Certificate are recorded and reported to the Fire Authority.
• Environmental issues – establishing and promoting recycling and energy efficiency principles;
Building & Engineering Maintenance:
• With regard to building and engineering maintenance; adopt overall responsibility for the co-ordination and management of the maintenance and repair services.Use ‘in house’ or specialist sub-contract labour, to ensure that the building and plant are maintained in such a way that disruption, due to failure, is kept to a minimum and the value of assets maximised.
• Ensure preventive maintenance schedules are introduced and that maintenance and inspections meet statutory and business requirements.
• Ensure that regular inspections and condition surveys are carried out.
• To ensure that a Property and Equipment asset register is developed and maintained.
• To ensure during any project ‘handover’ that all relevant information is made available in order to update the asset register.
• To ensure that direct reports are aware of, understand and support departmental and business objectives.
• Responsible for the overall management, performance, motivation, team building, career and personal development of all direct reports.
• Staff appraisals and reviews as directed by the departmental and business procedures
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation