This role reports to the Conversion Optimization Manager, and works hand in hand with the Business Analyst and UX (User Experience) Architects/Designers in developing and implementing elegant front-end visual solutions for improved usability and conversions, thus driving flydubai’s online sales growth through breakthrough and incremental improvements to the web and mobile experiences.
The resource will be responsible for managing, planning and delivering a best-in-class web site experience on the flydubai web site through enhancements and use of the latest technology to meet business goals, engage our customers and drive sales via ecommerce and other channels.
1. Consult and collaborate on the design process, from ideas to wireframes to high fidelity deliverables. Present work to Digital peers and facilitate feedback.
2. Maintain UX and design components of Digital Experience Standards and Digital Strategy
3. Evolving and ensuring consistency and integrity behind our company’s brand and brand guidelines.
4. Coach and mentor colleagues to ensure knowledge transfer and best practice across the team
5. Creating concept sketches, user flow diagrams, and detailed interaction specifications, whilst considering any technology limitations
6. Use established layout principles with innovative options to achieve a desired design
7. Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI (User Interface) patterns
8. Deliver that extra 10% to make sure designs look great before go live.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Arts/Communications, or Graphic Design (or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in a visual designer role and be able to show a portfolio of design solutions across a spectrum of platforms and services
• Experience leading creative and/or visual design teams in an ecommerce or travel portals preferred.
• Experience with design systems, toolkits and front end UI standards
• Solid understanding of visual design principles
• Mastery of typography, colour theory, grid systems and a sophisticated understanding and flair for user interface approaches across a range of digital platforms
• Experience of designing for multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile & Tablet web/apps)
• Must be able to take ownership of the project from concept design to completion – including but not limited to storyboards, sketches, prototypes and pixel-perfect artworks.
• Coherently present design methods, explorations, and trade off rationale to peers and executive stakeholders
Knowledge / Skills
• Passion for interface design and interaction with a strong attention to detail
• Strong appreciation of user-centered design
• Competency with relevant creative tools (Adobe CS, Sketch)
• Understanding of responsive or adaptive design methods
• Understanding & some experience of using prototyping
• Excellent understanding of responsive designs.
• Must be good with file and document management skills to enable collaborative work with others.
• Graphic design certifications desired.