Operations Control Senior Officer
Dubai, DU, United Arab Emirates
Behind the Scenes ref 18000134 05/APR/2018
The Operations Control Senior Officer (OCSO) is responsible for functional oversight of all actions and decisions within the Network Control Centre (NCC) and for all flight operations including Irregular Operations (IRROPS). The OCSO works with representatives of all departments in the NCC to maintain a safe and timely schedule.
1. Monitor all flights to ensure flydubai network integrity.
2. Align flying programme in line with operational and maintenance requirements.
3. Exercise operational control and flight supervision. Decide on initiation, continuation, diversion, and cancellation of flights due to operational or environmental factors.
4. Arrange and coordinate the re-routing and/or re-planning of flights as necessary.
5. Provide guidance and assistance to all the NCC personnel and contract service providers dealing with technical/mechanical defects and any other aircraft support services issues.
6. Co-ordinate with Flight Dispatch to provide quick flight planning assistance when desired by the Commander of an aircraft.
7. Perform daily analysis of all operational delays across the flydubai network.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience, airline operations preferred
Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge of CAP371
• Flight planning is advantageous
• Ability to decipher weather reports and NOTAMS
• Knowledge of aircraft performance
Certificate / License
• A current GCAA Licence is preferable however applicants meeting the
requirements of GCAA CAR PART II will also be considered.
Must hold valid UAE drivers licence or foreign licence that can be converted.
• Employee must be willing to work shifts – both dayshifts and nightshifts.
• Exercise of operational control and flight supervision. In the interest of safety the Operations Control Senior Officer is responsible for the initiation, continuation, diversion, and cancellation (termination) of flights due to operational or environmental factors.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)