ASSISTANT BANQUET MANAGER
Job Reference 284255 • Profession Seminar and banquet | Seminar and Banquet Manager (m/f)
Sofitel Dubai Downtown sets a new standard for urban sophistication and refined luxury with a Magnifique commitment to service and French elegance. Its 31 floors of artfully designed rooms and suites, chic restaurants, trendy bars and infinity pool terrace boast spectacular views over the Dubai skyline.
Anticipated Start Date 15-03-2018
Stephanie Erit H7492-HR@SOFITEL.COM
3 to 5 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• 1-2 years Banquet similar experience
• Strong guest and employee interpersonal skills
• Guest experience centric
• Strong beverage/wine knowledge
• The main purpose of this role is to assist the Outlet Manager. The main duties are to plan and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure luxury service is provided and revenue target is achieved while maintaining a positive work environment for all Ambassadors. The F&B rituals must be practiced and the Sofitel values have to be applied in all aspects of the operations.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved
• To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled
• To ensure efficient management according to the established concept statements.
• To be familiar with Sofitel F&B Rituals and their implementation.
• To comply with all policies and procedures including FOCUS
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
• To assist and coach in the operation and be visible on the floor.
• To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure the outlet is adequately equipped.
• To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
• To assist in conducting daily pre shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
• To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage manager enquiries on food, beverage and service.
• To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and assisting to update guest history.
• To identify market needs and trends in conjunction with the Outlet Manager.
• To plan and implement an effective sales plan and promotional activities.
• To provide the Director of Food and Beverage / Assistant Director of Food & Beverage with recommendations for the advertising campaign and assist in putting together the advertising brief and attend subsequent meetings.
• To revise and update Departmental Operations Manual on an as needed basis.
• To maintain the Daily Log Book.
• To plan the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure adequately staffing to handle the level of business and submit a copy to Food and Beverage office.
• To maintain the outlet bulletin board.
• To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
• To liaise and organize with housekeeping and stewarding department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
• To issue repair and maintenance work orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To attend all meetings as required by Executive Management.
• To conduct staff performance appraisals as required.
• To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth within the group.