Assistant Events Services Manager (Arabic Speaker), Banqueting at InterContinental Hotels Group Dubai Festival City
Job Number DUB004736
At the moment we are looking for an Arabic Assistant Events Services Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Hotels Dubai Festival City.
This role reports directly to the Events Services Manager of InterContinental Hotels Dubai Festival City and as Assistant Events Services Manager you will manage the Event Operations and under the general guidance of the Events Operations Manager, maximize guest satisfaction and hotel profitability by managing the conference & banqueting function. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines.
Ensures function rooms are set up in accordance with customer specifications by supervising set-up staff and inspecting rooms prior to events.
Delegating task with clear instructions & expectations
Cleanliness & upkeep of Event Centre (Front of house & Back of house)
Providing on job skills training and ensuring continued training sessions for all areas (Waiter, Senior waiter, Bartender, Casuals) to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction
Reviews and evaluates employee performance on regular intervals, maintains detailed records on personnel issues and participates in termination proceedings (as needed).
Control & monitor breakages.
Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
Look at future BEO’s for challenges & prepare questions to be asked in BEO meetings to clarify all doubts.
Coordination with other departments on day today requirements. Like stewarding, kitchen, purchasing, housekeeping, engineering, AV etc
Greet function organizers on arrival and ensure that their requests are dealt with.
Oversees facility conditions and advises management as to needed repairs, improvements, potential customer/employee hazards and general maintenance.
Ensure MSS scores are good by taking some feedback from the guests and ensuring the guests are aware of the Link that will be send to them for appraisal.
Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the company procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
Required Qualification, Skills and Experience;
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration
Must have a minimum of 1 up to 2 years of progressive experience including junior management experience in a five star property hotel or in a complex property.
Possess leadership qualities and able to exercise independent decision making.
High level of passion, enthusiasm and drive for results
Excellent communication skills across all mediums – presentation, telephone, correspondence, face to face etc. in English.
Strong command of Arabic Language is required.
Strong interpersonal skills to develop and foster beneficial relationships
ASSISTANT BANQUET MANAGER
Job Reference 284255 • Profession Seminar and banquet | Seminar and Banquet Manager (m/f)
Sofitel Dubai Downtown sets a new standard for urban sophistication and refined luxury with a Magnifique commitment to service and French elegance. Its 31 floors of artfully designed rooms and suites, chic restaurants, trendy bars and infinity pool terrace boast spectacular views over the Dubai skyline.
Anticipated Start Date 15-03-2018
Stephanie Erit H7492-HR@SOFITEL.COM
3 to 5 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• 1-2 years Banquet similar experience
• Strong guest and employee interpersonal skills
• Guest experience centric
• Strong beverage/wine knowledge
• The main purpose of this role is to assist the Outlet Manager. The main duties are to plan and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure luxury service is provided and revenue target is achieved while maintaining a positive work environment for all Ambassadors. The F&B rituals must be practiced and the Sofitel values have to be applied in all aspects of the operations.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved
• To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled
• To ensure efficient management according to the established concept statements.
• To be familiar with Sofitel F&B Rituals and their implementation.
• To comply with all policies and procedures including FOCUS
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
• To assist and coach in the operation and be visible on the floor.
• To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure the outlet is adequately equipped.
• To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
• To assist in conducting daily pre shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
• To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage manager enquiries on food, beverage and service.
• To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and assisting to update guest history.
• To identify market needs and trends in conjunction with the Outlet Manager.
• To plan and implement an effective sales plan and promotional activities.
• To provide the Director of Food and Beverage / Assistant Director of Food & Beverage with recommendations for the advertising campaign and assist in putting together the advertising brief and attend subsequent meetings.
• To revise and update Departmental Operations Manual on an as needed basis.
• To maintain the Daily Log Book.
• To plan the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure adequately staffing to handle the level of business and submit a copy to Food and Beverage office.
• To maintain the outlet bulletin board.
• To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
• To liaise and organize with housekeeping and stewarding department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
• To issue repair and maintenance work orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To attend all meetings as required by Executive Management.
• To conduct staff performance appraisals as required.
• To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth within the group.
At Royal Catering, we are always looking for talented professionals in the field of culinary and catering. We are currently recruiting:
Somnelier / Bar Managers / Bar Supervisors
Team leaders / Captains / Waiters
Bartenders / Receptionists / Hostesses
Stewarding Supervisors / Stewards
Housekeeping / Runners
Assistant Banquet Managers
Project Managers with Catering Background
Logistics & Event Setup
Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef
Chef de Partie
At least five years’ experience in the same capacity for managerial positions
At least two years’ experience in non-supervisory positions
Preference goes to:
Customer Service Experience
Hospitality degree for supervisory level and above
Priority for candidates with experience working in 5 star hotels
Interested candidates with the minimum requirements can send your CV with a photo to email@example.com and if your profile suits our requirements, we will contact you.