Senior Finance Officer (VAT & Taxation)
POSTED: Jan 21, 2018
The Senior Finance Officer (VAT & Taxation) is responsible for the overall documentation and filing of Value-Added Taxes in jurisdictions where the airline & associated companies have a legal presence.
1. To provide a comprehensive Tax advisory and training service to all relevant persons, and in particular, to prepare VAT returns promptly in order to maximize cash flow benefits to the Airline and avoid errors and penalties.
2. To keep abreast of current developments relating to VAT and other taxation issues in all jurisdictions the airline operates to, and to ensure that concerned departments/business processes are kept informed
3. To continuously review and monitor the adequacy of systems, procedures and other relevant records to ensure compliance with VAT and other taxation Regulations.
4. To develop a strategy to maximize the airline’s VAT position and to take preventative action to avoid penalties and interest charges.
5. To maintain the airline’s internal policies & procedures document and provide relevant guidance tailored to individual user department’s requirements.
6. To provide regular VAT training/workshop sessions to all appropriate staff.
7. To represent the airline at any consultative hearings, to substantiate and/or provide necessary support to audit queries.
8. To prepare an annual report on the activities of the Taxation Department with particular reference to the benefits generated.
9. To act as the single point of contact for all VAT-related activities of the airline and associated companies.
10. To keep abreast of taxation related legislations released in various jurisdictions, and provide commentary and impact analysis on the organization.
11. Manage the system enhancements and process re-engineering because of VAT implementation
12. File VAT returns, supporting schedules and any documentation/responses as may be required by Tax Authorities.
13. Provision of advice on VAT to user departments on the implication of VAT on their activities and processes, and work along with such departments to find a win-win solution for the organization.
14. Detection and evaluation of risks as well as opportunities regarding respective tax issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A recognized professional accounting degree, preferably with Majors in Taxation
• 5 years’ experience in Finance division of an Airline
• At least 3 years of professional experience in the Taxation division of a medium-to-large scale organization, specializing in VAT
Knowledge / Skills
• Above average skills in: Financial Accounting
• General knowledge of: Airline Taxation
• Hands-on experience in filing taxation returns, including documentation, in a regulated VAT regime.
• May be required to travel to the airline’s destinations for duty purposes (Likely once a month)
• Resilience & Flexibility (Can-do Attitude)
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to Achieve
• Teamwork – Proficient
• Effective Communication – Developing
• Customer Focus – Developing